Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bud 8 2016  (Read 13681 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Bud 8 2016
« on: February 28, 2016, 07:31:17 am »
I haven't seen anything posted about the Bud gathering this year. I may have missed it. Is it going to take place, if so what are the dates? We would like to swing by if the stars line up just right.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Bud 8 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 02:57:43 pm »
I think JP has it on his FB page.  If you can't find it, let me know and I'll find it when I have time later.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 02:58:05 pm »
Or just shoot him a note.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 06:55:37 pm »
  It hurts, I wont be there but if it helps I, ll copy JP's facebook post.

"Bud 8" announcement!

Spring is coming upon us quickly!

Our annual get together at Bud's place in Macon, Ms will be the weekend of April 9th & 10th.

We shake lots of swarms, make splits, perform hive inspections & perform a few cut outs.

It's laid back always a good time & everyone is invited but you will have to make Hotel/motel reservations early as Macon is a small town but you can pitch a tent or haul your camper/travel trailer with you if you like & set up right in Bud's front yard!

Come on down & meet "Big Daddy Bud Watt", "Yappy" Travis Ulbrich, Schawee "beekeeper of the swamp", Ralph J Jones III "Tapeworm" & many more of our crazy & interesting characters!

More details to follow!
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 07:26:21 pm »
Thanks Geoff.

I won't be there this year either and it feels strange  :sad:

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 09:36:58 pm »
Same here, thanks Geoff. I don't facebook. Not long prior to last year's meeting someone turned dead in front of me and it totaled my car out. Needless to say I didn't make it. It was going to be difficult anyway. I have the following week off but not that weekend. I'll see what I can do. I sure liked the last one I went to. That was the graduation day of my beemaster's & friends mentoring class. I shook my first swarm there, first time ever cupped a handful of bees. I hadn't seen a swarm of bees in probably 25 years or better. We got there around 2:30pm and I saw at least two before dark.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 09:52:59 pm »
This may well be Buds last year of hosting the get together. Sure wish I was able to come. Even if I don't make the event, Bud can count on me coming for a visit at some point!  :smile:

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 08:52:15 am »
I take it there is no gathering at Bud's this year?
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 01:07:24 pm »
Michael,
That is what I heard.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 04:21:45 pm »
I take it there is no gathering at Bud's this year?

Bud sold his place and is happily fishing on the gulf.  If there is to be another gathering, I have not heard.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 11:11:57 am »
I see.  I would have liked to make it.  The last few years it always landed on one of my speaking engagements.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 12:02:14 pm »
If there is enough interest, I have been thinking of having one at my farm next year.
What are your thoughts?
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 01:05:25 pm »
I always try to make it.  I made 4 of 8   :wink:

I could combine it with a Dizzy Land trip or Universal.  + it would not take me 12 hours to get there!! 

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 01:18:13 pm »
I always try to make it.  I made 4 of 8   :wink:

I could combine it with a Dizzy Land trip or Universal.  + it would not take me 12 hours to get there!! 

Thanks Kathy, I will count you in.
Ben Franklin

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 02:37:01 pm »
Save the hives for the new folk. I only went once to Bud's and really enjoyed everything about it.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 02:39:15 pm »
If a lot of the Beemaster people are going and it doesn't conflict with one of my speaking engagements, I would love to get together with everyone.
-------------------

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 08:18:27 pm »
Michael,
What would bee a good date for you next March?
Ben Franklin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 02:29:20 pm »
I don't have anything scheduled yet for next March.  But typically Dee Lusby's Oracle conference is either the first weekend in March or the last weekend in February.  A weekend in mid March should be good.  If you schedule it, I'll keep that weekend free.
-------------------

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 08:50:49 pm »
Michael,
Let's plan it for March 9th 10th and 11th, Friday Saturday and Sunday.
I will start a new thread. We can call it Beefest 2018.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2017, 10:50:41 pm »
I will put it on my calendar.  That's a little early for me.  It snowed here today...but who knows, next year may be really nice in March.  This was a crappy winter.