Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cotton candy honey??  (Read 3194 times)

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
Cotton candy honey??
« on: October 20, 2019, 10:32:49 pm »
Can a person make cotton candy out of honey?  Sounds delicious but I have never seen nor heard of.  What if crystallized honey was used instead of sugar?

Any ideas??

Van
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Cotton candy honey??
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 12:02:26 am »
Can a person make cotton candy out of honey?  Sounds delicious but I have never seen nor heard of.  What if crystallized honey was used instead of sugar?

Any ideas??

Van

That does sound good. Good idea if it can be done!!
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Cotton candy honey??
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 09:56:58 am »
Van,
Back in the 80s I ran the cotton candy booth for a fair in Bermuda. It uses regular cane sugar with a small amount of color crystals.
Honey can be made into a powered sugar. Some where around here I have some cactus honey that is like regular sugar crystals, it is tan colored.
That would probably work.
I do not know how they turn honey into dry sugar crystals.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

anything