Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 1/4 mile factory rifle/ammo  (Read 3450 times)

Offline 220

• House Bee
1/4 mile factory rifle/ammo
« on: December 26, 2016, 04:58:54 pm »
Son got a shooting mat/drag bag for Christmas, knocked together a gong and sat it at 450y.
Rifle is a stock standard vanguard in 240wby, 4-12 sightron SI, warne bases and leupold qrw rings, harris bipod and factory ammo.
Around $Aus1000 all up, probably not much more than half that in the USA
One shot at 100y to check zero and then he does this on the gong at 450y

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: 1/4 mile factory rifle/ammo
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 05:19:41 pm »
Nice pattern. Congratulate him for us.

PS. The stripped rifle is 500 USD here. The accessories would likely be as much. Not much savings, if any, here.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/78926/Firearms/Rifles/Weatherby/Weatherby+Vanguard+S2+240+WBY
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 08:17:34 pm »
Wow, I'm impressed.
We shoot here at a 100 yard range and it usually takes a while to get a new rifle sighted in at that range.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 08:25:17 pm »
Nice.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 12:23:20 pm »
very nice. i just lazer bore sighted my new ar the other night. I'm thinking about trying left handed to sight it on the niegborhood range. (across the back of nieghbors property.720 yards long.) neigbors were all out sunday shooting their new rifles with the kids new huntng rifles. I think all 12 kids over 8 got one this year. even had a deputy show up and shoot his rifles too.

john.