Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1750 times)

Offline dasy27

• Brood
    • pcelarstvo salvia
Greetings
« on: September 13, 2019, 09:03:57 am »
Hello. I am 27 y.o. beekeeper from Bosnia and Herzegovina (Europe). I was learning about beekeeping for last two years and I have started with beekeeping  this winter. I have 6 beehives and 1 nuc and I am planing to expand it as soon as possible.
This year was terrible for beekeepers over here. A lot of old beekeepers say that they can't remember season this bad.

I expected to have few jars of honey in first year but it is not going to happen.
I won't take a drop of honey from beehives this year because there is not a lot of it in beehives so I want them to have a lot of food for winter, and I want them as strong as possible next year.

Poslano sa mog Mi 9T koristeći Tapatalk

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 09:04:02 pm »
Welcome to BeeMaster.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 10:19:24 pm »
Welcome, dasy27.
I understand your disappointment. I also am a new beekkeeper this year, and I am getting no honey either. The experienced beeks say not to expect any honey the first year, but I was still hoping to get something. It is disappointing to get nothing, but at least the bees are doing OK. Good luck to you.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 12:55:46 am »
I wish to welcome you also dasy27..  I am pleased that you chose to join beemaster forum. Sorry to hear about the bad year that you all are having there, is this bad season due to weather? To much rain? Not enough rain? I would like to hear more form you as you become more at ease with posting here. You are the only person that I have talked to from Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.