Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Varroa Mite Microscope Observations  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Bradley_Bee

• New Bee
Varroa Mite Microscope Observations
« on: January 20, 2019, 11:09:28 pm »
I brought some Varroa Destructor Mites home to observe under a microscope. Its good to put a face on these little pests. I hope one day they will be the least of a beekeepers worry. However, until then, we press on. Please watch my video. Its a little long , feel free to browse through. At 21:25 I highlight the only sure fire way to kill your mites with a 100% success rate, no matter what the region!
I implore every beek to seek a resolve to the mite issue that plagues the world. It's never an easy topic- If you like my videos please Subscribe - I enjoy making them and look to keep making them in the future. The beekeeping Olympics (Almond Pollination) is right around the corner and I hope to capture that event first hand.   Thank You in advance !

https://youtu.be/Q1v4Y41s9Ro

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Varroa Mite Microscope Observations
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 09:20:10 am »
Nice video.  How are you suggestiong we "all work together this season to help eliminate the Varroa problem plaguing the world today"?  We can't kill them all.  "Eradication" has been tried and never succeeded.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline TheHoneyPump

• Queen Bee
  • Work Hard. Play Harder.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 07:02:13 pm »
I enjoyed the video very much.  Nicely done.  Thanks!

I do however have an improvement suggestion. About the background sound.  Rather than the funky fun and the calm relaxing classical music ... may I suggest you select an alternative sound track drawn from a horror film or some other trauma source.  Sound clips from Jason, Halloween, Jaws, NM on Elm street, Psycho, Chainsaw Mscr, WarOfWorlds, Aliens, Parasite, ..... something of the like may be better fitting for the subject matter and the characters portrayed.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 11:16:36 pm by TheHoneyPump »
When the lid goes back on, the bees will spend the next 3 days undoing most of what the beekeeper just did to them.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 08:12:09 pm »
I very enjoyed much of the video.  Nicely done.  Thanks!

I do however have an improvement suggestion. About the background sound.  Rather than the funky fun and the calm relaxing classical music ... may I suggest you select an alternative sound track drawn from a horror film or some other trauma source.  Sound clips from Jason, Halloween, Jaws, NM on Elm street, Psycho, Chainsaw Mscr, WarOfWorlds, Aliens, Parasite, ..... something of the like may be better fitting for the subject matter and the characters portrayed.

🤗 sounds about right.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 11:02:22 am »
I enjoyed the video very much.  Nicely done.  Thanks!

Might be copy write laws to consider.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline SiWolKe

• House Bee
    • www.VivaBiene.de
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 12:48:41 pm »
Nice video.  How are you suggestiong we "all work together this season to help eliminate the Varroa problem plaguing the world today"?  We can't kill them all.  "Eradication" has been tried and never succeeded.

I?d like this question being answered too!

anything