Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Medusa´s head palm.  (Read 2415 times)

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
Medusa´s head palm.
« on: October 14, 2007, 04:41:55 pm »
How many heads had Medusa? I don´t know either. :mrgreen:
Well really I wanted to post a singular palm that you can see in the photo, under my village.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: Medusa´s head palm.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 05:20:29 pm »
Medusa only had one head. She had snakes for hair and lots of them. Nice palm. Does it produce fruit?

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 05:35:52 pm »
Medusa only had one head
Thanks. I was thinking on the problem of being bicephalic with a single body. Problem solved. ;)

Yes, produce dates, but not big enough, so they are not eaten.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 10:04:34 pm »
Abejaruco, you have the most interesting of flora that grow in your home land.  That tree was spectacular!!!!  I love to see these gorgeous pictures of all the lovelies that grow near you.

Could that palm be propogated by removal of one of the cone shaped pieces?  Probably not, but it looks like one could just pick it off and stick it in the ground and it would grow  :) :)  If only it were that simple eh? Have a wonderful and beautiful day on our earth.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 01:34:07 am »
There are two palm like that in Spain (that I know). To obtein similar plants would be necesary the reciprocal pollination of both palms. Planting many thousand of pits, and perhaps would be obteined two or three like the progenitors. (Not very sure)
Would be easier to clone them. :)