Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Getting for first nuc  (Read 2343 times)

Offline Honey in the Rock

• Brood
Getting for first nuc
« on: March 28, 2023, 10:25:38 pm »
New to this site and beekeeping. My wife and I live northwest of Harrisburg Pa 1 hour. It has been a lot of fun and work getting ready to get 3 nucs. We are waiting and excited to get the call to meet the folks we are getting our nucs from. Trying to get everything else as ready as we can. There comes a time with all things that there is a time when the hands on learning begins. That?s where we are.

Thanks for letting us be a part of this site, I?m sure I?m going to learn so much from you guys so thanks ahead of time.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Getting for first nuc
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 10:57:30 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster, Honey in the Rock!  :happy:  Please feel free to ask any questions you may have; there is no such thing as a dumb question.  I can't wait to hear how you like your first bees!  It's so exciting (and a little nerve-wracking) getting your first colonies.  I can't wait to hear how they do for you guys! 

As a sidenote, I love your username!  There is a song I really love with that title, perhaps you've heard it before. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vpuNsZxmpA
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 06:59:27 am »
Honey in the Rock,
Welcome to Beemaster.
Don?t bee afraid to ask your questions.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 09:37:03 am »
New to this site and beekeeping. My wife and I live northwest of Harrisburg Pa 1 hour. It has been a lot of fun and work getting ready to get 3 nucs. We are waiting and excited to get the call to meet the folks we are getting our nucs from. Trying to get everything else as ready as we can. There comes a time with all things that there is a time when the hands on learning begins. That?s where we are.

Thanks for letting us be a part of this site, I?m sure I?m going to learn so much from you guys so thanks ahead of time.

You were right in preparing ahead of time before acquiring your bees. (I did the same and was glad of it when the time came). I was a member here about a year, reading the comments and studying the archives before I obtained my first bees.
Welcome to 'Beekeeping', and welcome to Beemaster to the both of you!

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.