Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Not so much a question, than an update... + "eye candy"  (Read 1025 times)

Offline spafmagic

• House Bee
Not so much a question, than an update... + "eye candy"
« on: May 09, 2021, 04:59:17 pm »
So far, the hives I'm in charge of in Stokesdale are doing ok for the most part. Waiting on the split on the right of the pic, to see if their raised queen comes back. There is a super on it as you can see, but the brood box is the only thing getting crammed with nectar while they wait for their queen. The middle hive is finally filling out the medium super they were given.

This is the parent hive, that has been kept going since 2018. Took 2 capped frames of brood from them and gave them to my April 20th package bees the day after I got them. The current queen and workers are KILLING IT with honey production! The medium super is starting to get capped already. Gave them a deep to draw out comb above the excluder, and it is on it's way to being full of sweet stuff too. Last I looked 2 or 3 days ago, most of the frames were 60% drawn out, and heavy. Plan on extracting both the medium and deep at the same time. They weren't using the very top home made super (designed for 4 Flow Hive Frames) very much, so I took it off, and gave it to my April 20th package.

My own back yard package of April 20th... By now the capped brood I gave them hatched mostly. The 2 center BetterBee frames are full of capped brood. Surrounding those 2 are the brood frames I gave them. The frames following are being filled with nectar and brood, the outside frames are barely worked on. Lots of bees in there, so... gave them my home made super. If anyone doesn't know, Flow Frames look like the one in my profile picture. And for those that do know of them that have been skeptical about them... it's proof that they work... =^_^=

As of 04/26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vBUofvQ9pw

As of this post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74q5Gldqigo