Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Best Pollen Trap?  (Read 1265 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
The Best Pollen Trap?
« on: October 05, 2019, 11:58:47 am »
What type pollen trap, in your opinion is best? Beneath the bottom brood box, top hive type, or the exterior type? No doubt each of these have their advantages. Different views, points, and opinions are welcome.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: The Best Pollen Trap?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 05:12:39 pm »
Sundance II
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 10:09:05 pm »
Thanks iddee
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 09:09:10 am »
The Sundance II is a top trap.  This is, in my opinion the best but only if you run a top entrance all the time.  Trying to retrain them to a top entrance at the same time as adding a pollen trap does not go well.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 12:16:38 pm »
 Mr. Bush, when I used to visit here long before I had bees, it seems I recall a deep conversation concerning top entrance. As I recall you made an excellent case as to the advantages of top entrance set up. I do have a question. I don?t understand, and I would appreciate you enlightening me. How do the bees clean out the derbies,  such as cappings  etc. ?  Thanks Phillip

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 01:01:38 pm »
>How do the bees clean out the derbies,  such as cappings  etc. ?
http://www.bushfarms.com/beestopentrance.htm#dead
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 01:15:47 pm »
>How do the bees clean out the derbies,  such as cappings  etc. ?
http://www.bushfarms.com/beestopentrance.htm#dead

Thanks.. Good Stuff!!  I like the pictures also.. I noticed the BUSH brand on the front of your boxes. I like it. Again thanks..
Phillikp

anything