Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Feds violating the 1968 gun law... again. This is the third time I know of.  (Read 4279 times)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
The whole "gun show loophole" and selling guns to anybody online is directed at the stupid.  For living in the age of information, I have never seen so many uninformed in my life!

I don't know any gun show that doesn't have security including video.  If there were to be a problem the police could subpoena  the video.  This request is intended to intimidate. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
I have never been to a gun show in my life but like the gun show loop hole.  My view is the same thing that allows them to sell is what allows me to buy or sell with my neibor and freinds.

I reilize this has nothing to do with police scanning lisence plate but just wanted to be on record that I like not having oversite on my buying and selling.
gww

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
I have never been to a gun show in my life but like the gun show loop hole.  My view is the same thing that allows them to sell is what allows me to buy or sell with my neibor and freinds.

There really isn't a loop hole though. The laws of the state apply to the gun show also.  In states where private sales are allowed, they are allowed at gun shows.  If you buy from a dealer at a gun show, the same laws of background checks, etc. apply.  You can't order a gun over the internet and have it delivered to your house.  It goes to a dealer and the checks of the state are followed, then you take it home.

The whole argument is aimed at people who do not know the law and do not care to take the time to research it.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
Kathy
My real point is I like to be able to buy and sell guns with out interfearance oversite or regerstiring.  I don't study up on the law and don't care that much but don't want it to go against me for things I do.  If I have more then one gun cause I think each is neat in its own right, I don't want to be on the news as someone weird cause I owned 30 guns.  A gun museum owns more then 30 and are not considered wierd.  If I die, I want my relitives to not be subject or worried about breaking the law when they put my guns on my estate auction.

If I do something bad with my gun then I deserve what I get but if not, I don't want to be bad because I own them.  I vote many times against my interest because I want to make enough money to afford a lawyer when I do what I want anyway.  I have noticed that every down turn in the economy that guns are the first things people sell when needing to eat.  I have bought some due to this. 

I know I am not bad and so do not like oversite.  I may even be really good someday if I save somebody with a gun though I admit I am very thankful I have never been involved in something like that even if I come out a hero.

Knowing that I am good makes me not want to be made bad by some law that is not there now. 

Like I said in a differrent thread, I have not bought a new gun since they stared registering every sale. 

I don't like some of the laws now.  Its hard to believe I am as liberal on other subjects when you see what I write here isn't it?

My point to all this is that right now I can do what I want with my stuff and with poeple I know on an individual basis.  I know by doing this that no one is getting hurt.  I don't want to be hurt because someone who does not understand this, thinks I am somehow doing something wrong and trys to make me wrong by just changing a law.

Cheers
gww

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
This whole "gun show loophole" has always been a lie sold to the American people. The right and the left are in the habit of repeating lies over and over to the people, because they don't respect the people's intelligence. Americans need to research all this nonsense before swallowing it.
Neill

Offline gww

• Super Bee
I say the guns show loop hole is the path to really get to stoping individuals that deal with each other.  It seems exceptable to pick on the gun show because they seem like a big buisness and by highlighting them it might not be reconized that they are really talking about how private guns are transferred.  I think it is more about smoke and mirrors to getting something passed that affects every transaction.
I could be a parinoid person though.
gww

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
I always find this "gun show loophole" an interesting term.  There is no such thing.  I've never been to a gun show in recent times where I didn't have to fill out some paperwork and most of them require a background check.  The fact that an individual can sell a gun to an individual is what they are really referring to which has nothing to do with a gun show per se.  It has always been that way and I hope it always will be.  The ridiculous thing is that you could more easily buy a stolen gun off the street for less money, less hassle and less paperwork than you can buy one legally even at a gun show. 
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
The fact that an individual can sell a gun to an individual is what they are really referring to

All 3 west coast states have made private sales against the law along with gifts.  CA has the most repressive laws.  OR is basically ignoring it because the gun shops don't want to be involved.  WA is somewhere in the middle.  It sucks.  CA is so bad you can't loan a gun to a friend for target practice even if you are right there.

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
a  'LOOPHOLE'  is nothing more than an activity that has not been made illegal yet.  If one group doesn't like what another group is doing, they call it a loophole and work to get it "closed", by making that activity illegal.  Or, in other words, to make criminals out of their neighbors.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Feds violating the 1968 gun law... again. This is the third time I know of.
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 09:54:42 am »
>a  'LOOPHOLE'  is nothing more than an activity that has not been made illegal yet.

Exactly.  If you don't like it, it's a "loophole".  If you take a perfectly valid tax deduction and someone doesn't like it, it's a "loophole" but if they do like it, it's an "incentive"...
-------------------

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
Re: Feds violating the 1968 gun law... again. This is the third time I know of.
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 03:57:26 pm »
Living in New Yuck with the New Yuck State Unsafe act it is absolutely stupid what our laws state. I have 2 30/06 rifles, a Ruger 10/22, a Remington 870 28 gage, an Ithaca 12 gage and a Franchi 20 gage. The only one of those guns that is affected by the Unsafe act is the Ruger 10/22. the least powerful gun I own. It is illegal to fill it with ammunition. (Like that will stop me...) Especially when I shoot with a New Yuck State Police Sargent. I can't honestly say I have ever shot that gun in his presence however. We typically shoot clays. It is scary seeing how poorly he shoots a shotgun... I hope he is better with his service weapon. I swear he was shooting blanks one day a couple weeks ago. He even joked about it That said I did not realize all the other stipulations that went along with the Unsafe act... The biggest being I can't legally make a private sale of any of my guns. If I want to sell a gun I have to take it to a dealer so that they can do all the BS background paperwork. I actually would like to sell one of the 30/06's and get something different. I think the solution might be to trade it in when I get a new gun if I really want to get rid of it. The other solution for me is to just ignore the law and sell it anyway. How are they going to enforce it? Especially when some of the state police see it as being stupid.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin