Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How to become a millionaire  (Read 1349 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
How to become a millionaire
« on: December 10, 2020, 10:27:03 pm »
Every morning, the CEO of a large bank in Manhattan walks to the corner where a shoe shine is always located.

He sits on the couch, examines the Wall Street Journal, and the shoe shine gives his shoes a shiny, excellent look.

One morning the shoeshine asks the Executive Director:

What do you think about the situation in the stock market?

The Director asks in turn arrogantly: ?Why are you so interested in that topic??

"I have a million dollars in your bank," the shoeshine says, "and I'm considering investing some of the money in the capital market."

What your name?  asks the Director.

?John H. Smith?

The Director arrives at the bank and asks the Manager of the Customer Department: ?Do we have a client named John H. Smith?

?Certainly", answers the Customer Service Manager, "he is a highly esteemed customer.  He has a million dollars in his account."

The Director comes out, approaches the shoeshine, and says:  "Mr. Smith, I ask you this coming Monday to be the guest of honor at our board meeting and tell us the story of your life.  I am sure we will have something to learn from you."

At the board meeting, the Executive Director introduces him to the board members:  ?We all know Mr Smith, who makes our shoes shine in the corner; But Mr Smith is also our esteemed customer with a million dollars in his account.  I invited him to tell us the story of his life. I am sure we can learn from him.?

Mr. Smith began his story:
"I came to this country fifty years ago as a young immigrant from Europe with an unpronounceable name.  I got off the ship without a penny.  The first thing I did was change my name to Smith.  I was hungry and exhausted.  I started wandering around looking for a job but to no avail.  Suddenly I found a coin on the sidewalk.  I bought an apple.  I had two options: eat the apple and quench my hunger or start a business.  I sold the apple for two dollars and bought two apples with the money.  I also sold them and continued in business.  When I started accumulating dollars, I was able to buy a set of used brushes and shoe polish and started polishing shoes.  I didn't spend a penny on entertainment or clothing, I just bought bread and some cheese to survive.  I saved penny by penny and after a while, I bought a new set of shoe brushes and ointments in different shades and expanded my clientele.  I lived like a monk and saved penny by penny.  After a while I was able to buy an armchair so that my clients could sit comfortably while cleaning their shoes, and that brought me more clients.  I did not spend a penny on the joys of life.  I kept saving every penny.  A few years ago, when the previous shoe shine on the corner decided to retire, I had already saved enough money to buy his shoeshine location at this great place. Finally, three months ago, my sister, who was a call girl in Chicago, passed away and left me a million dollars".
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: How to become a millionaire
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 11:46:17 pm »
🤗
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin