Welcome, Guest

Poll

What Level of Beekeeping are you at

just learning with no bee colonies or a student/teacher.
4 (10.8%)
New Beekeeper and need all the help I can get
13 (35.1%)
Backyard Beekeeper and enjoying this information sharing
15 (40.5%)
I tend many hives but still on a hobbyist level.
4 (10.8%)
I own and operate a small beekeeping business
1 (2.7%)
I am a professional beekeeper making a living through my bees.
0 (0%)
None of the above really describe me.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: How Experienced are you at Beekeeping  (Read 5494 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
How Experienced are you at Beekeeping
« on: February 22, 2004, 07:47:16 pm »
Please share your level of Beekeeping experience. My site is designed for the Backyard Beekeeper, hobbyist and students looking for general answers to beekeeping, but the forum is a great place for anyone who wishes to share their insight, questions, stories and answers with others who have similar interest.

Beemaster
Admin
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline The_Judge

• New Bee
8 hives and no more
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 06:22:22 pm »
I've kept honeybees for 4 years and had only one bad season with varroa. All the other years have been great since I started with 2 hives and now have 8 in the yard. I have 54 acres but none are farmed and the bees don't have much food nearby. They fly a lot a long distance for water even and I've really never seen there nectar sourse but I know the pollen is all around the place.

I learned about beekeeping from my Grandfater when I was just a very small boy when I lived with him awhile on his Purdue chicken farm. He kept about a hundred hives and even moved them around to pollenate other peoples crops, I think it was a big part of his income.

Jim
IF there ever was a time and place for Love and Understanding - it is now!

Offline justgojumpit

• House Bee
How Experienced are you at Beekeeping
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 11:55:33 am »
I'm getting my bees on may 8, three packages, but i have done TONS of research and some hands-on work with other people's bees.  I feel very prepared and confident that i will be successful.  only time will thell though ;)
Keeper of bees and builder of custom beekeeping equipment.