Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: new to beekeeping  (Read 2217 times)

Offline frenchfrylegs

• Brood
new to beekeeping
« on: July 03, 2008, 12:50:39 pm »
Hello my name is Polly, my husband  and I decided to try beekeeping. and it so far has been very fun and we have learned alot. We bought 2 packages  & caught 2 swarms and honey is in the making..4 hives so far. We have an 8 acre lot with cows and horses, they don't mind the bees so far. I hope this is where I can ask lots of ??'s and help if I can. thank you for the site and happy bees....

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: new to beekeeping
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 06:50:09 pm »
Ask away and always feel welcome to chime in!! :lol:

Offline Bill W.

• House Bee
    • Bees by the Sea
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 07:39:43 pm »
You're going to have to explain your user name.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 09:07:09 pm »
You're going to have to explain your user name.

Seems pretty self explanatory :shock:
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 03:23:13 pm »
Polly, welcome to our forum, what a beautiful name, and one that is not very common, beauty.  This will be a place where you can spend time, tell us your experiences and tales, living on a farm, you will have many.  You have cows, milkers?  Oh how I yearn for fresh cow's milk.  We had a Jersey once upon a time, about 27 years ago.  I still remember the taste of the fresh cow's milk, and one day I will have my own cow to milk and drink that milk...yearning....

Enjoy your time spent with us, we are as a family, friendly, kidding with each other, you will make new friends.  Enjoy AND have that most beautiful and wonderful day, to love this life as we live it.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service