BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM.

new to beekeeping in western ny

(1/1)

quest 6:
hi like your website, lots of info.  we got 3 lbs. of bees with a queen and installed them at the end of april.  Its now the begining of June, and we lost our queen and our bees are not doing good at all.  Is it too late to get another queen?  Should we wait until next year to start all over again?  We live in western Ny,  in the country, where should we bee getting our bees from? Know any one in our area that we can get help from?

Lechwe:
Welcome,

Don't give up yet, you can still get a replacement queen. I am not sure where the people in your area get their bees but I know betterbee.com is out of NY and can sell you queens. Look them up and call, I bet they can help you out. I have never ordered bees from them but the other things I have ordered I have been more than happy with the service and quality.

Good luck

TJ:
Welcome to the forum. I am in central NY and maybe I can help. Your situation sounds like mine from last year. Lost my Queen and eventually my colony. I would say you are probably too late to save this one. Do you have ANY idea when your Queen was last in the hive? Did you ever have any eggs or brood? If you have been without a Queen since April, I would not waste any time on this colony. You probably have laying workers by now and NO young bees-very important. If you have seen the Queen in the last week, there is hope. But get a new Queen now. I might know where you can get one through my bee club. Contact me through this forum if I can help. tj

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version