BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM.

Follow the bloom 2021

<< < (10/11) > >>

rast:
Brazilian pepper has came to me. 4 years in this location and never had it before, all my hives are full of it. I was not expecting or prepared for this, I am now a little concerned about backfilled broodnests and swarming.  For those not familiar with it, they make yellow comb with it.

Ben Framed:
Rast I had not heard of Brazilian pepper until explained by SteveO of Steve's Outdoor World, whom I understand is located in your general area. I suppose the stuff is spreading..

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: rast on October 17, 2021, 02:32:04 pm ---Brazilian pepper has came to me. 4 years in this location and never had it before, all my hives are full of it. I was not expecting or prepared for this, I am now a little concerned about backfilled broodnests and swarming.  For those not familiar with it, they make yellow comb with it.

--- End quote ---
Woah, that's crazy.  Is that from the color of the nectar? 

My flow is winding down.  There is a trickle of a flow from the late asters and goldenrod, but not significant enough to not have to feed weaker colonies. 

Ben Framed:
Member I am experiencing much the same as you in my area. I am getting pollen from goldenrod but not very much nectar..

rast:
Member, I have no idea where the pigment comes from, like you I assume the nectar. The honey is not yellow and has a different taste, some like, some don't like most everything. I just know for the first time, I have hives full of yellow comb.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version