BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > TOP BAR HIVES - WARRE HIVES - LONG HIVES

KTBH or TTBH Plans?

(1/3) > >>

winenutguy:
Does anyone have plans or know of a site where I can find plans for KTBH and TTBH?  I have seen Mr. Bush's site but I'd like to get some other opinions and perspectives as well.  Also, are they available commercially?  I'm a newbee but I've been reading about these things and I find them really fascinating.  I think natural comb is one of natures most beautiful works of art and having a couple of hives that do that is very appealing. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. 
Best wishes, Winenutguy.

BjornBee:
You might want to check out www.bwrangler.com

He has one of the best sites for TBH's and many links.

Cacklewack:
I suggest taking a look at the plans at the website below that Michael refers to. You can search for "how to build a top bar hive" and you'll find a PDF file that lays out, quite clearly, how to create a top bar hive.

Cheers,
Matt

Michael Bush:
http://hirschbachapiary.com/
The other one is filtered (as you can see in Matt's post) or I would give you that.  Try a google search on "Top Bar Hives" and "Barefoot".

winenutguy:
Thank you all!  Does anyone have any preference concerning the type of wood used?  Ceder, Pine, Etc.?  Treated or untreated?  I also want to put a window in mine.  Thank you all again.
Best, Winenutguy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version