Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: This is what I am making for Christmas Gifts!!!  (Read 4295 times)

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: This is what I am making for Christmas Gifts!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 11:25:02 pm »
OK I found it. Wow what a website. I will have to get back to it and check out everything.

Yes that is an amazing story about Burts Bees. You know I have to mention this, that the natural cosmetics I have been making without any chemical preservatives have gotten a much bigger response than I would have imagined. And it is not because I made such unbelievable products. From what I am reading and hearing, women are fed up with the mass produced cosmetics out on the market and are looking for natural products that are good for the skin. So if anyone wants to start up a serious business right now producing really pure cosmetics without all the horrible preservatives, this seems to be the time to do it.

Since I started this venture with the cosmetics, (I have made, lipbalms, hand creams, body butter and healing balms) I have been looking around the stores to see what kind of ingredients are put into most of the creams and lotions on the market. What a shock to see so many chemicals that are introduced into products that are absorbed into the skin. I will never go back to purchasing any of that stuff anymore.

Thank you for sharing this story with me. I truly believe that women was correct when she said you just have to believe you can do it.

Sincerely
Annette

Offline Chef Isaac

• House Bee
    • Sweet as can BEE Honey Farm
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 03:10:25 am »
the  store bought stuff has tons of chemicals. Crap you cant even pronounce!

Why do you think the foot lotion bar sells better?
Chef Isaac... Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 08:38:33 pm »
Annette, OK, my dear girlfriend.  YOu know that there is going to come a time that you are going to have to offer a little course to us girls that would love to learn your little tricks of your trade, smiling.  You ought to pat yourself on the back, and I hope that you can make some pocket change to pay for the output of the stuff it takes to get your product to the world.  Good luck, you are cool!!!  Have that wonderful and most awesome day, life, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2009, 02:08:20 am »
Thanks Cindi

I am willing to share any formulas (recipes) with anyone who wants to try a hand at this. Just PM me.

:rainbowflower: Annette

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 05:18:12 pm »
First, Awesome looking merchandise! Now, I have to ask, Why doesnt your bee logo have a red umbrella?!?!?
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2009, 06:19:44 pm »
First, Awesome looking merchandise! Now, I have to ask, Why doesnt your bee logo have a red umbrella?!?!?

You have given me a great idea Seth. I have a friend designing another logo for me and maybe she can place the red umbrella over the bee. Like having the bee holding the umbrella. I will find out.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 07:41:11 pm »

You have given me a great idea Seth. I have a friend designing another logo for me and maybe she can place the red umbrella over the bee. Like having the bee holding the umbrella. I will find out.

My logo, if I ever go there, is going to be a drawing my father made of a bee holding a bucket...a honey bucket.  The double entrandre just kills me.
The choice of picture is for sentimental reasons.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

anything