Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 3 of the 6 dogs  (Read 3247 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
3 of the 6 dogs
« on: January 14, 2007, 11:09:05 am »
We have a king size waterbed that is converted to a regular mattress.  It is the home of relaxation for the dogs sometimes during the day, as you can see they are pretty comfortable.  Our dogs are clean and do not smell so I have no problem with them having a little nap on our bed now and then.  Nor do they shed a lot of hair.   It is when I am trying to have a nap that we have an issue, but we all manage to fit on top of the big bed, each has their spot when we have the nap.

This is only 3 of the 6 dogs on our property.  The other 3 do not want or even like to come up on the bed, so I can only say "hooray!!!!"  Enjoy the pic.  Great day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mabuzzbee

• House Bee
Re: 3 of the 6 dogs
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 11:30:16 am »
They are so cute, what kind of dogs are they?  We have 2 dogs, an Australian Shepard and a Border Collie.  They are both inside dogs but they are not allowed on the furniture because they shed terribly.  We also have a cat that lives in the garage (the dogs won't let him move into the house). 
I am nobody.  Nobody is perfect.  Therefore, I am perfect.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 11:48:28 am »
The two on the left are Staffordshire Terriers (AKA, the dreaded Pittbull), they are my daughter's, but mostly live at our house.  She lives in an enlarged mobile home about 20 feet from our house.  The pooch on the left is Kooder, (after Ry Koder).  He is a Dalmation X Rottwieller.  He is a BIG boy, weighing over 120 pounds, the other pitties only weigh may 35 pounds.

It is such a shame when people hear the word pitbull, there is horrible connotation in their minds of these dogs eating up children, maiming and hurting.  I have been around the pittbulls for many years and they are probably one of the most children-friendly dogs that I know of, other than the wonderful Labradors.  With 18 kids running around our property, the pitties love the kids the most.  I guess it is as all is said and done, it depends on how they are raised.  We raise everything with love around here, and it pays off.

We have 3 other dogs present on our property.  My husband and I have one more, she is a Labrador X Rottwieller, my sister has two, they are Wiemeramer (spelling?).  All dogs here are fabulous with everyone, very tolerant and loving of all the younger kids and older.  Amazing that so many can live in complete harmony (I speak of animals and humans).  Great day.

The only hairy dog around here is our lab x rott, she is long, fuzzy and is indeed a shedder.  Look out come the summer!!!  I brush buckets of that fluffy underhair that is typical of the water dogs from her, and she always looks years younger and thinner after I am done with her.  Have an awesome day.  Cindi

P.S. I know what a Border collie is, beautiful and intelligent dogs, but am unfamiliar with Australian Shepard, define this dog please.  Our friend has a Belgian Shephard, he is a fantastically beautiful creature, but he is a very UNFRIENDLY dog to people he does not know, he is extremely protective of his owner and she certainly feels very protected when she takes him on a walk.

Oh, rats!!!  I can go on.  Thinking about my friend's Belgian, he is of the oddest personality.  I don't know what gets into him, but when the first few times that I met him, he did something so strange to me, I cannot almost put it to words.  He does this action to all people that my friend brings home to her house.

I entered their house, because I was allowed in by the human, it was acknowledged to her dog that I was OK and he should treat me good.  Well...I would not say that he actually treated me good, because what he did to me thunderstruck me almost to my knees.

I came into their hallway.  Before I knew what had happend this dog had jumped up, put his tongue into my mouth and was back down on the floor looking at me within a mere microsecond in time.  How on earth he has such precision to perform such an act is beyond me.  If you think about it, he must measure the person's height, the area where the mouth is and all kinds of precision stuff all in the matter of this mini moment in time.  Apparently, this is not unusual behaviour for this dog.  I did not have a chance to be scared, move or anything because it happened so quickly.  His name is Fooey.  Fooey does this to every person that Sue allows into her home.  Now, if I was not a dog lover, I would have been beyond freaked out.  Sue and I have talked about this behaviour of her dog.  She does not understand why, nor do I, but Fooey has an agenda with new people in his home, it is not an unfriendly act, just simply something that he thinks that he has to do. 

Anyone got any answers to why a dog would perform this kind of mouth invasion (LOL).  Great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mabuzzbee

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 12:21:23 pm »
An Australian Shepard is a herding dog, they are commonly known as an Aussie. I don't know why the are called Australian since they were developed in the US? They are very highly intelligent and  energetic dogs that kind of resemble the border collie.  Unfortunately our Aussie does not like other people.  We have had her for about a year and a half now, the people who owned her before us were going to have her put down because she barks and growls at everyone and since they lived in town it was beginning to cause problems.  She has never bitten anyone (crossing fingers) but when anyone comes around she can sound quite ferocious.  I read somewhere that the dogs used to be kept on farms to guard the children when the parents where away / working, I can see how this could be true because our dog would definitely not let anyone on our property that she did not know, at least not without acting like she was going to take them down.  Because of this whenever we have company she goes in her kennel and we do not leave her outside unattended.  Basically, she is a pain at times but we love her.
I am nobody.  Nobody is perfect.  Therefore, I am perfect.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 08:58:17 pm »
mabuzzbee.  Now that is interesting what a great guard dog she is.  That is good, you should feel very protected.  I can also understand how it can be a little annoying at times.  We have our dal/rott X who is a very large dog, and he can bark so loud it actually hurts the ears.  When I know that we are having someone come over, for example, a repair man, we put him in a room.  Not because he is aggressive, but because his barking is very obnoxious.  I understand where you are coming from.  Great day. Cindi