ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > GARDENING AROUND THE HOUSE

Lion's Ear -- an alternative to cannibas??????

(1/10) > >>

Cindi:
Well, was I shocked when I googled this plant that I am growing this year.  I have planted out about 12 of them.  I chose them because on my search for bee plants, this was one that was highly acclaimed.

It is known to me by the seed catalogue as Lion’s Ear, Lion’s Tail, Motherwort, latin  Leonotis leonurus.  The flower looked absolutely intriguing, so I have propogated it.

Now when I googled this plant this evening to find out more about it, I was shocked!!!  This plant sounds like it is a very mild substitute for cannibas.  Hmmm…..anyways, I thought I would give the site to anyone that may be interested in looking at the plant that I am growing many of.  Definitely will be taking pictures of it for you all to see when the plant sets bud and flowers.  It is very beautiful from what I can see.  Maybe we'll have to get into dehydrating more than we already do.  Have a wonderful day, best of life, love the life you’re livin’.  Cindi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonotis_leonurus#Related_Species

Understudy:
Hmmm, this has potential.

Does it show up in a drug test?

;)

Sincerely,
Brendhan

wtiger:
That would probably depend of what the active ingredient is.  If it's THC I'm sure it would.

mick:
Get those rolly papers out and let us know the results!

Scadsobees:
I grew them a couple years ago.  Very interesting flower, yes the bees like them, even though there isn't a terrible lot of flower material present at any point.  They are in the mint family and smell quite minty.  They grow rather tall and large, and when the flower is done can be very spikey and painful if you aren't careful.

Never occured to me to smoke it though....

Rick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version