MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

Watching For Comets

(1/2) > >>

The15thMember:
I went outside last night with my telescope to see comet C/2022 E3, which is visible in the sky right now.  It's pretty easy to find with binoculars, and as it nears earth, it could become visible with the naked eye by the time it makes its closest approach to us on Feb. 1.  It's got a nice green glow right now, although not too spectacular of a tail with my telescope magnification at least.  Anyone else taken a look at it?
https://www.space.com/comet-c2022-e3-ztf-how-to-see-approach-earth

As a result, I've had this song stuck in my head all day.  It didn't help that I made it my alarm this morning.  :grin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWb4LUpL6Io

Ben Framed:
Thanks for the heads up Reagan. I wont get to look toninght because its raining here, maybe tomorrow night.

Phillip

Michael Bush:
I haven't.  There is a telescope out in my barn with a 12" lens.  I suppose I should drag it out.  But the temps here are in the single digits right now...

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Michael Bush on January 30, 2023, 07:56:45 am ---I haven't.  There is a telescope out in my barn with a 12" lens.  I suppose I should drag it out.  But the temps here are in the single digits right now...

--- End quote ---
That's big for a refractor!  And the colder it is, the clearer the atmosphere!  :wink:  I have a 4.5 in Dobsonian reflector.  I really like it, but the only pain is that I have to set it up on something to conveniently look through the eyepiece, unless the telescope is pointed straight up.  I used to have this little wooden outdoor table that was perfectly sized for it, but it's getting all rotted through now.  I keep meaning to try and make a duplicate using the old one as a model, but I have yet to get around to it. 

Michael Bush:
My brother gave me this one.  I tried to get my son and my granddaughter to set it up.  It's even got a motor to track etc.  I don't know how well it tracks though.  Probably better than nothing.  If you come to visit or to go to Bee Camp, you're welcome to set it up and see what you think.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version