Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: UNKNOWN  (Read 3084 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
UNKNOWN
« on: July 06, 2011, 05:27:27 pm »
Imagine in a rush when landing in a foreign country, you leave your briefcase on the luggage cart at the airport, you hurry back to retrieve it as your wife checks into a beautiful hotel. On the way to the airport, you are in a terrible random accident, thrown over a bridge and knocked out in the back of a cab - the driver pulls you out and days later you awake in a hospital. Your wife isn't there, why hasn't she looked for you? You sign yourself out and meet up with her at the hotel, but she and no one else recognizes you - even worse, she is there with another man who has all the documentation in the world to prove that HE is you.

This is the first 10 minutes of a a great high octane movie with a wonderful cast starring Liam Neeson, Frank Langella and many other recognizable supporting cast. There is an obvious way that you'll think to prove his identity and eventually it comes up - the pacing of "what happens when" is pretty remarkable, even if the pacing is not to our liking, pacing becomes a character of its own.

You sit witnessing this man trying to prove HE is who he says he is, all this while security is at a high during a health summit he was attending. Great acting, well thought out events, intense chase scenes and a surprise ending that I promise you will NOT see coming makes this one of the best thrillers of the year. And I must say, any film with Frank Langella is a treat for me - from Dave (Kevin Klein) to the Box (Cameron Diaz) Langela can play a monotomatic to a feisty character that I always enjoy

Rarely does a film shot third person make you feel as if it is done in the first person - but whether it is that we feel the hopelessness of someone trying to prove his identity or our being as baffled with lack of facts as he endures (due to a head injury from the cab accident)  either way, you put yourself in his shoes and feeling a character this closely makes for a realistic and entertaining film.

4 out of 5 stars
Beemaster Movie Reviews
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: UNKNOWN
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 08:54:27 pm »
I am going to see this one, right up my alley. Thanks for the review John as I just love thrillers.

Annette

anything