Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Swarm  (Read 1026 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Swarm
« on: April 03, 2023, 05:25:54 am »
First of the year, likely last one of career. I couldn't carry it to the truck in a 10 frame hive. My health is too far gone.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: Swarm
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 08:10:22 am »
Sorry to hear you are struggling with health issues Wally.
Isn't that an odd place for a swarm?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 11:10:16 am »
Approaching 78, I'm just glad to still be moving. I've seen swarms in all kinds of places. I don't know what a normal place would be. 50 years ago, I walked into my month old daughter's bedroom and into thousands of bees flying everywhere while she was sleeping. That, I would call odd.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 12:14:10 pm »
Approaching 78, I'm just glad to still be moving. I've seen swarms in all kinds of places. I don't know what a normal place would be. 50 years ago, I walked into my month old daughter's bedroom and into thousands of bees flying everywhere while she was sleeping. That, I would call odd.
Can you imagine the panic that would have ensued in that situation had you NOT been a beekeeper?!  :shocked:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Occam

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 07:52:54 pm »

That would have been quite the sight to see. Reminds me of the night my second daughter was born, I walked into the bedroom and a tarantula was perched above my wife and sleeping daughter clinging to the curtain. I didn't say a word but casually walked back to the kitchen, grabbed a glass and paper towel, and proceeded to place the glass over the tarantula. My wife didn't know it was there until I'd captured it whereupon I proceeded to carry it I to the front yard and release it.
Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity

Offline 2Sox

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2023, 05:04:14 pm »

I wish you wellness, Iddee. As someone close to your age, and as a cancer survivor, I can say that the best medicine I had, besides all the people close to me, was to think daily of all the things I was grateful for, no matter the obstacles.
"Good will is the desire to have something else stronger and more beautiful for this desire makes oneself stronger and more beautiful." - Eli Siegel, American educator, poet, founder of Aesthetic Realism