Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: BOYHOOD  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
BOYHOOD
« on: January 09, 2015, 04:31:50 pm »
Watching a boy grow over 12 years into a young man is a fascinating project.  Some years the change was subtle, so some clues about a year's passing might have been helpful.  If this doesn't get some nominations, at least, I'll be surprised.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
Re: BOYHOOD
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 06:42:29 am »
Watched Boyhood....Definitely a tough project to run that many years. Lots of raw language, the F word, Gods name in vain just for a few. I thought it skipped around tooooooo much. I agree with dallas some of the years went by and I am sure went unnoticed to me. I kept asking myself when is this thing going to end. I almost turned it off several times. My wife went to sleep on it. I give it a 5 and struggle to give it a five.
I was actually curious as to what others thought so I looked it up. IMB gives it an 8.3 and Rotten Detonates a 98%. So I guess I was in the minority on this one. Usually if the critics at Rotten Tomatoes rave about it I hate it.......
John 3:16