Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Q&A with a Treatment-Free Beekeeper  (Read 23467 times)

Offline Brother Dave

• House Bee
    • West Island Wild Flower
Re: Q&A with a Treatment-Free Beekeeper
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2013, 09:15:48 pm »
Hello I have been beekeeping about 1.5 years. I have three hives and have been not using foundation. So my hives are langstroth boxes. with standard frames with comb guides. I am excited to join this forum as my work schedule does not allow me to go to my local beekeeping meetings.

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2013, 06:11:03 am »
Welcome Brother Dave! 

I'm nearly two hours from the closest beekeeper meetings so can appreciate the inability to attend them.  This forum can often take the place of a meeting or many meetings, depending on how much one can absorb at a sitting.  Having the ability to come and go is a real pleasure.
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline charlie b

• House Bee
    • You Tube
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2013, 09:16:33 am »
Hello Bro. Dave,
Welcome to the forum and I am excited to hear that you are also foundationless. Have you had a good experience with them? I  have recently bought used hives and have roughly 1200 frames, which I am cleaning and putting starter strips in. Getting ready for the 014 season. Excited!

Offline merince

• House Bee
    • Maria's Bees
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2013, 04:14:05 pm »
Hi Brother Dave!

Welcome to the forum. I use a mix of foundation and foundationless. Usually, when putting a new super, I will use foundation to reduce the risk of having to do a "cut-out". I use foundationless if I have enough brood frames to interleave the new super.

Good luck and remember to keep the hives level!

Offline Brother Dave

• House Bee
    • West Island Wild Flower
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2013, 09:07:02 pm »
Hello Bro. Dave,
Welcome to the forum and I am excited to hear that you are also foundationless. Have you had a good experience with them? I  have recently bought used hives and have roughly 1200 frames, which I am cleaning and putting starter strips in. Getting ready for the 014 season. Excited!
    I have had good luck so far It helps to really crowd them together in the middle of the box for me also adding a new frame between two good strait ones works. I did put some effort into leveling my hives that also may have helped. I also do not expect perfect looking comb.   good luck Dave

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2014, 08:59:22 pm »
Wondering if Solomon is still on the forum and ready to answer questions.  Seems the thread got way off topic last year.  Did Solomon give up on it?
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline sterling

• Queen Bee
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2015, 06:18:29 pm »
Wondering if Solomon is still on the forum and ready to answer questions.  Seems the thread got way off topic last year.  Did Solomon give up on it?

I think you can find him on facebook. At least that's what I've been told.

Offline Solomon Parker

• New Bee
  • Learn by doing.
    • Parker Farms
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2015, 10:40:49 am »
I'm here.  Always interested in answering questions.  We do have a Facebook group now, also a Treatment-free beekeepers podcast (tfb.podbean.com) and a forum, of which I won't post a link because it's probably not respectful to do on someone else's forum.
Solomon Parker
Parker Farms, Fayetteville Arkansas

anything