Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Golf Clubs  (Read 7719 times)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Golf Clubs
« on: November 17, 2015, 05:52:04 pm »
I noticed a couple of things recently.  One was another spiel by an anti gun writer about how there are more guns than there are people in the US to shoot them (as if this was a new revelation) and several articles on people who were killed by golf clubs.  So I have a proposal.  I think we should limit all golfers to only one club.  It's ridiculous that there are more golf clubs than there are golfers.  What person needs more than one club to hit a little white ball?  You can only use one at a time right?  One club should be plenty for each golfer and it should eliminate or at least cut down on deaths that are caused by golf clubs.  After all if golf clubs are killing people it stands to reason that if there were less golf clubs there would be less golf deaths.  So I propose a federal law that limits all golfers to only one club.  That should fix the problem...  But then this guy killed his girl friend with a tire iron.  I'm not sure I want to give up my tire iron... and most people only have one per car, but then we could allow only one tire iron per person and they could take it from car to car.  That should help...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Re: Golf Clubs
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 07:22:52 pm »
I'd say more people are killed by knives than by golf clubs, tire irons or any number of other things, like bricks, rocks, baseball bats.  What chef, even, let alone amateur cooks, needs more than one knife.  And it should have a serial number. 

I like your premise, though.  The fact is, I know people who own golf clubs and don't even play golf.  Should they be allowed to own even one golf club?
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 09:04:25 pm »
They say most murders happen in the kitchen because of the knives and rolling pins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 08:26:24 am »
If we licensed all of the golf clubs we could eliminate all of those non-golfers with clubs and if we limit golfers to just one club we could probably reduce the number of golf clubs in the US by at least 95% if not more.  That, of course, will reduce golf club deaths by at least that amount right?  And who in the world needs more than one golf club.  It's not like you can use one in each hand...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 08:30:58 am »
If we outlawed golf clubs.., then only outlaws would have golf clubs

:wink:
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 10:11:39 am »
I don't want to outlaw them, just limit golfers to only one registered (and serial numbered) club...  But yes, if we outlawed them only outlaws would have golf clubs...  I mean I don't want to interfere with the sporting use of golf clubs, just the violence.  It's more likely you will have a golf club used against you than you will defend yourself with one...
-------------------

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 12:58:11 am »
Maybe not, when playing golf I there is a limit on how many you can have in your bag.  I do usually have a few more, no one has ever said anything though.  I guess like having a 30 round clip.  You also have pockets here and there around on your golf bag.  Some for balls, tees and etc.  I have a 1911 45 in one. 

Happy golfing

Joe D

Offline vmmartin

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 10:19:30 am »
"One was another spiel by an anti gun writer"....... Its like trying to reason with hurricane season. Futile

Offline stanisr

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 03:48:48 pm »
Maybe we should require a background check to ensure the person is actually a golfer. This could weed out those non golfers and golfer wannabees.
Rick

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 04:59:39 pm »
>Maybe we should require a background check to ensure the person is actually a golfer.

And that they are a member of a golf club.  What use does anyone have for golf clubs if they aren't a member of some golf organization...
-------------------

Offline stanisr

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 05:12:11 pm »
Oh no, I just remembered I have an old set of clubs in the barn. Does that make me one of those people. :oops:
Rick

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 08:22:49 am »
>Does that make me one of those people.

You need to find a golf club buyback program and get those dangerous things out of your barn before they attack someone!
-------------------

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 10:09:03 pm »
I'm not selling mine in no buy back.  I ain't good at golf, but I can hit a moving target, be it a person or their cart at a couple hundred yards.  Sometimes I might even holler  FOUR just before it gets them, or after.

Good golfing

Joe D

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 07:14:58 am »
I'm not selling mine in no buy back.  I ain't good at golf, but I can hit a moving target, be it a person or their cart at a couple hundred yards.  Sometimes I might even holler  FOUR just before it gets them, or after.

Good golfing

Joe D
Maybe I will take up golfing after all these years. That sounds like fun.  :grin:
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 12:52:48 am »
It can be Jim, sometimes with friends you may not use all the rules.  I had a good foot wedge.  Ha ha.  Now days I only go a couple of times a year.

Joe D

Offline OPJohn

• New Bee
  • Oh lord, like I need another hobby...
    • Harris Meadery
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 09:52:48 am »
I could probably play an entire 18 decently with a 9 iron. Wasn't the "two girls one club" motif played out in the movie Tin Cup?

As a kid, my Dad loved golf and attempted to turn my wicked slice-self into a Tiger Woods. Didn't happen. Now, I think i'd appreciate golf more if it involved the heavy use of landmines.
"It was so cold last night, I had to pull up another dog." - Grandpa

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2016, 03:18:30 pm »
I'm no golfer, but the best I've played was with just a six iron and a putter... I'm not good at adjusting from one weight to another... but then I'm not good at it at all...
-------------------

Offline Dabbler

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 07:55:22 am »
You can take my clubs when you pry them from my cold,  dead hands  !
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the tests first, the lessons afterwards .
-Vernon Sanders Law

Offline Nico

• House Bee
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 08:14:17 pm »
they used to chop the hand off the thief, maybe if that happened to the gun totin/club swinging killer it might stop??
but then they might use the steel capped work boot!!!

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 08:27:20 pm »
Whatever works, whatever you've got.  Caine supposedly used a rock.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

anything