Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Sound Of Freedom  (Read 2246 times)

Offline animal

• Queen Bee
Re: The Sound Of Freedom
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2023, 11:26:53 am »
15th ... don't fret about Ken

In the sequel he realizes he's been gay all along and is much happier when all the other Kens realize they're gay too. Barbie hooks up with GI Joe and they go back to take over Barbieland. :cool:
Avatar pic by my oldest daughter (ink and watercolor)

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2023, 01:47:34 pm »
15th ... don't fret about Ken

In the sequel he realizes he's been gay all along and is much happier when all the other Kens realize they're gay too. Barbie hooks up with GI Joe and they go back to take over Barbieland. :cool:
Barbies hooking up with GI Joes happened long ago to me and my sisters' Barbies.  Joes and Power Team guys make way better husbands and boyfriends for Barbies than Kens in our experience.  :cool:  Even straight Kens aren't manly enough, or articulated enough, and all their clothes are dumb.   

Hi Folks, 15,

https://youtu.be/AdtLxlttrHg

Sal
I'm very optimistic that the second part of Barbenheimer will be better than the first.  :happy:   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2023, 02:44:04 pm »
HA !
I was the weird kid with an Illya Kuryakin doll and a James Bond doll(Sean Connery version). All the other guys had GI Joes. So I took on the "missions" to talk to the girls. :cool:
Must've affected me somehow, because later, my first car was the same as Barbie's. :cheesy:

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2023, 03:20:08 pm »
I was the weird kid with an Illya Kuryakin doll
I'm massively jealous of this.  Illya is one of my favorite characters.  My sister and I were watching Man from U.N.C.L.E. last night actually, and it was like the one episode where Illya isn't there at all, and I was super bummed.  My sister didn't care though, because she likes Napoleon better.   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2023, 04:57:03 pm »
lol ...and I thought you'd have to google that one  :shocked:    ..... nerd  :cool:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 05:19:02 pm by animal »

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2023, 05:45:20 pm »
It's a badge I wear with pride.  :rolleyes:

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2023, 07:56:31 am »
lol ...and I thought you'd have to google that one  :shocked:    ..... nerd  :cool:

It's a badge I wear with pride.  :rolleyes:

:cheesy: :grin:
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2023, 08:35:00 am »
The Man from UNCLE was the best TV show of it's time.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2023, 08:58:04 am »
It was regular watching for me too, along with several others. Unfortunately, my memory doesn't treat me well and I don't remember hardly anything about a lot of them. I remember the shows but none of the episodes or plots. But for me, The Beverly Hillbillies takes top billing. I still watch that today and laugh at it. How did they film that show and keep straight faces?

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2023, 09:16:53 am »
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2023, 09:27:06 am »

Offline animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2023, 10:12:15 am »
I never realized the Man from UNCLE had much of a following. It was one of a handful of shows that indirectly taught me about electronics. When the family tv went out and dad bought a Sylvania color. I was able to get the fritzed Philco B&W moved into my room. (They didn't like ANY of the shows I liked.) Back then, nearly every large grocery store and drug store had a tube tester and stocked tubes.. so that thing was actually easy to fix.  :cheesy:

Offline Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2023, 10:32:20 am »
I never realized the Man from UNCLE had much of a following. It was one of a handful of shows that indirectly taught me about electronics. When the family tv went out and dad bought a Sylvania color. I was able to get the fritzed Philco B&W moved into my room. (They didn't like ANY of the shows I liked.) Back then, nearly every large grocery store and drug store had a tube tester and stocked tubes.. so that thing was actually easy to fix.  :cheesy:
Were you always in Mississississippi? How many channels did you get? Outside of Philthytown, we got three until my grandparents got a new TV and we got their old one, then we got an additional three UFV stations. I guess we actually got four but PBS didn't see any action in our house. And that was only until my yo-yo string broke and took the knob off of the UHF tuner. They never did figure out who did that one. :cool:

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2023, 11:25:16 am »
I would vote Gunsmoke for that award.

I never realized the Man from UNCLE had much of a following.
It doesn't really.  It was quite successful during its original run looking at the numbers, but the word on the street is the popularity of Batman hastened its downfall (I kind of question that, because the timing isn't exactly right, but that's what people say).  My sister and I got turned onto it by Guy Ritchie's remake in 2015, which was planned to be a several movie franchise, but it didn't do well enough for Warner Bros. to greenlight a sequel.  We loved it like crazy and were really disappointed they weren't making more, so since we love 60's TV, we decided to just buy the entire original series.  We found someone on eBay selling the limited edition collector's box set for a decent price because it was no longer sealed, so that is how we have access to it.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2023, 12:10:20 pm »
>I would vote Gunsmoke for that award.

At the time that was the longest running show ever.  Hard to say it's in the same time, though I'm sure it was on.  I don't remember thinking I can't wait for the next Gunsmoke but I did think that about The Man from UNCLE.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2023, 12:15:11 pm »
Were you always in Mississississippi? How many channels did you get? Outside of Philthytown, we got three until my grandparents got a new TV and we got their old one, then we got an additional three UFV stations. I guess we actually got four but PBS didn't see any action in our house. And that was only until my yo-yo string broke and took the knob off of the UHF tuner. They never did figure out who did that one. :cool:

You were very fortunate receiving the three channels in Pennsylvania. In the entire State of Mississippi, we only had one channel, and that was only on a cloudless day and the wind was blowing the right direction!  Last year that all changed! Now we have the three!!  :tongue: :cheesy: lol

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2023, 01:02:21 pm »
At the time that was the longest running show ever.  Hard to say it's in the same time, though I'm sure it was on. I don't remember thinking I can't wait for the next Gunsmoke but I did think that about The Man from UNCLE.
What's wrong with you?!  :shocked:  If my sister and I didn't ration Gunsmoke, we'd watch all 635 episodes straight through and not eat or sleep.  :grin:  Seriously though, we actually ration it more aggressively than any other show because we never want it to end.  We are only allowed to watch a new episode on special occasions or if something joyous, rare, or stressful happens.  I think Gunsmoke is the best show that has ever been made, regardless of time period.     

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2023, 01:09:03 pm »
Gunsmoke was a good one alright! In fact there were several good shows of that era as you all are pointing out. I agree with Terr about The Beverly Hillbillies being a really funny show! I loved it too! I was drawn more so the the funny stuff. (Laughter is good for the soul), so they say. I also liked Hogan's Heroes and several more. I loved Sargent Schultz and Commandant Klink!

Offline Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2023, 01:31:15 pm »
Gunsmoke was a good one alright! In fact there were several good shows of that era as you all are pointing out. I agree with Terr about The Beverly Hillbillies being a really funny show! I loved it too! I was drawn more so the the funny stuff. (Laughter is good for the soul), so they say. I also liked Hogan's Heroes and several more. I loved Sargent Schultz and Commandant Klink!
Hogan's Heroes was on my must see list back then but not so much today. Schultz was hilarious. Funny, I can still remember he was played by John Banner but I can't remember anything I 'learn' today. I never watched Gunsmoke but now Imma have to hunt it down. We are running low on shows to watch, in spite of having an incredible number of options. And for right now, I can't wait for the next episode of Gold Rush to drop. Friday night around 2000 they release it.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2023, 02:18:58 pm »
I never watched Gunsmoke but now Imma have to hunt it down.
Do it, you won't regret it.  I'm not sure how you like to consume stuff, but it's routinely on TV, so if you have satellite/cable it shouldn't be hard to give it a try.  My sister and I own the entire series on DVD.  We preordered it as soon as CBS released it a few years ago, but you can often find single seasons for pretty cheap.  I think some of it may be streaming on Paramount+.  We don't watch it in order, because we love all the characters (except one) and don't want them to be gone, so we use a randomizer to pick an episode.  If you are going to buy one season to try, go for seasons 7-10.  The first 6 seasons are half hour long episodes, and they are good too, but most of the seriously good stories happen once the show has an hour to work with.