MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE COFFEE HOUSE ((( SOCIAL - ROOM )))

What?s Cookin?

<< < (2/109) > >>

The15thMember:
All day breakfast tonight in our house.  Breakfast pizza, hash brown patties, and fruit salad.   
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

.30WCF:
What?s this all day breakfast you speak of?
There is a gas station in Boiling Springs, NC that has sausage gravy pizza in the mornings. To die for! Well, maybe I was a bit dramatic, but it?s really good. 

.30WCF:

--- Quote from: The15thMember on June 21, 2021, 10:42:58 pm ---That looks delicious!  Baked onions. . . never heard of that before.  I am too late to take a picture unfortunately, but we had Granny?s fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, and cornbread muffins. We went trout fishing after supper, but did not catch any before it started to rain. Well, my sister did catch one little baby, but she threw him back.

--- End quote ---
What type of waters are you in. We used to go up to Nantahala and fish the wild trout. My brother and I would go back there for a week long trips, canoed across the lake, stash the canoe in the bushes and backpack our way up the streams. Went 18 miles deep and 18 miles out one time eating nothing but fresh fish.  Many good trips out there.
There is an old cemetery back in the hills there with many illegible or unmarked stones. I do mean stones, rocks pulled from the ground. I remember one that is just engraved, here lies a black man. No telling the age of them.

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: .30WCF on June 23, 2021, 11:15:29 pm ---What type of waters are you in. We used to go up to Nantahala and fish the wild trout. My brother and I would go back there for a week long trips, canoed across the lake, stash the canoe in the bushes and backpack our way up the streams. Went 18 miles deep and 18 miles out one time eating nothing but fresh fish.  Many good trips out there.

--- End quote ---
Nantahala is a beautiful area.  We stayed there for sort of a summer vacation a few years ago, and it was a great time.  We fish regularly in the Tuckaseegee, which is really close to our house.  It's hatchery supported waters mostly, although we recently started trying the wild waters farther upstream.  My little sister and I had better luck the other night.  We found a little pool where a bunch of trout were congregated and pulled out 3 rainbows from that one spot.  We lost the last one though because our net broke and he got away!  He was THIS BIG!!  No, just kidding, he was kind of little actually.  :cheesy: 

--- Quote from: .30WCF on June 23, 2021, 11:15:29 pm ---There is an old cemetery back in the hills there with many illegible or unmarked stones. I do mean stones, rocks pulled from the ground. I remember one that is just engraved, here lies a black man. No telling the age of them.

--- End quote ---
Oh, that's so deep.  Incredible.  My family hiked up to one of those cemeteries once, only one stone was readable.  It said, "Mrs. Polly Mathis" and the date was in the 1860s, I believe.  I'll see if I can dredge up the picture I have of it.  I love old cemeteries and thinking about the lives of the people who are buried there.     

.30WCF:

--- Quote from: The15thMember on June 23, 2021, 11:48:25 pm ---
--- Quote from: .30WCF on June 23, 2021, 11:15:29 pm ---What type of waters are you in. We used to go up to Nantahala and fish the wild trout. My brother and I would go back there for a week long trips, canoed across the lake, stash the canoe in the bushes and backpack our way up the streams. Went 18 miles deep and 18 miles out one time eating nothing but fresh fish.  Many good trips out there.

--- End quote ---
Nantahala is a beautiful area.  We stayed there for sort of a summer vacation a few years ago, and it was a great time.  We fish regularly in the Tuckaseegee, which is really close to our house.  It's hatchery supported waters mostly, although we recently started trying the wild waters farther upstream.  My little sister and I had better luck the other night.  We found a little pool where a bunch of trout were congregated and pulled out 3 rainbows from that one spot.  We lost the last one though because our net broke and he got away!  He was THIS BIG!!  No, just kidding, he was kind of little actually.  :cheesy: 

--- Quote from: .30WCF on June 23, 2021, 11:15:29 pm ---There is an old cemetery back in the hills there with many illegible or unmarked stones. I do mean stones, rocks pulled from the ground. I remember one that is just engraved, here lies a black man. No telling the age of them.

--- End quote ---
Oh, that's so deep.  Incredible.  My family hiked up to one of those cemeteries once, only one stone was readable.  It said, "Mrs. Polly Mathis" and the date was in the 1860s, I believe.  I'll see if I can dredge up the picture I have of it.  I love old cemeteries and thinking about the lives of the people who are buried there.     

--- End quote ---
The biggest I ever lost in wild water was a gooooood fish. There was a series of falls. I climbed up and was hanging from the edge in the waterfall, casting into a pool that was fed by the next fall. I hooked a goooood one for a wild stream. Probably 14-16?. Only my fly rod and eyes were above the rim of the pool. Needless to say that?s not a fighting position, one handed and ten feet off the ground, but it was a good approach, or at least a fun one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version