Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: nitril gloves for bee keeping  (Read 6970 times)

Offline Seeb

• House Bee
Re: nitril gloves for bee keeping
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 08:47:23 am »
great information

Offline Ralphee

• House Bee
  • All the Gear, and no idea!
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2020, 02:29:18 am »
Nitril gloves are "puncture resistant" (or at least that's the idea for the medical use ones)
So my theory was that this makes it harder for a bee to sting through them, they still can, but its harder
I bought a box a while ago and used them a few times
They are very handy, just make sure you get long sleeved ones or your wrists are exposed! And you do sweat it them, lots (i never knew my hands could sweat so much - but i had that pair on for well over an hour of being active)
Normally i dont wear gloves, but i do get the odd sting on the wrist/arm, but i am still new and probably dont smoke them enough

Offline stefangrim

• Brood
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2021, 05:59:05 am »

For the second year I have been facing the same problem, these are the beekeeper's gloves. They are constantly torn, and if you give them to washing, they sit down so that you can't put them on your hand later. Nitrile gloves are an alternative option for protecting hands. Traditional latex gloves cause allergies and skin irritation if worn for a long time.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 10:33:11 am by Ben Framed »

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2021, 10:34:01 am »
stefangrim

Welcome to beemaster, Please read the Bylaws..
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2021, 01:44:06 pm »
It's worth a try if you want to see what you think, but I hate them.  My hands are soaking wet all the time if I wear them and by the end of the day they reek and my hands are prunes.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2021, 09:39:36 pm »
Stefan,
Welcome to Beemaster.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin