Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: kangaroo island  (Read 2770 times)

Offline crispy

• House Bee
kangaroo island
« on: February 18, 2020, 01:42:57 am »
Hi all just watched a video from the bush bee man on the devastation on kangaroo island to the bee keeping population , over 50 % of the is;and has been devastated by fire and the local keeper has lost a heap of hives. This chap has the purest strain of ligerian bees in the world so to rebuild he cannot bring bees in from the mainland but hs to breed from his remaining stock .
During the interview he took the veiwers around to some of what is left of his sites and its pretty bleak , it is going to be hard for this chap as he has lost 80% of his income and i know he will come back from this in time ,dont get me wrong i know there has been a lot of losses across the country its just this one is pretty close to my home i went on my honeymoon on kangaroo island nearly 40 years ago and have taken relatives from overseas to see this buetifull place all i can say is i wish him the best for the future and hope he can get a helping hand from our state government as this is a very unique strain of bees .

Offline Biggles

• New Bee
Re: kangaroo island
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 06:04:49 pm »
Hi crispy.

Certainly a stressful state of affairs.

Is a link available to the video??

Offline crispy

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 08:02:10 pm »
Hi mate if you go to his youtube site bush bee man it should be on there he did doone for the adealide hills fires as well where a bee keeper lost a lot also .

Offline Biggles

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 08:12:17 pm »
Cheers Crispy   :happy:

anything