Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My grandsons and nephews  (Read 5925 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
My grandsons and nephews
« on: January 08, 2007, 11:05:56 pm »
This is a picture of my 2 grandsons and my 3 nephews that all go to the same elementary school.  They are the Bennett boys (2) grandsons and the Zumaeta boys (3) nephews, the Zumaetas have a Chilean father, so they look very dark skinned.  The picture was taken at the end of the school year last year.

I am very proud of these fine young men.  I have 1 other older nephew and 2 nieces that I do not have a picture of.  They are all wonderful young adults and I am lucky to be the auntie and sharing my land with these families.  Great day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline organicgrl37

• House Bee
Re: My grandsons and nephews
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 11:22:59 pm »
a real great looking crew cindi. they look like a handful, yet tons of fun :-D :evil: :-D

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 11:28:57 pm »
Oooh ya, energy plus,, great healthy enthusiastic kids with a zest for life like you would not believe.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 01:21:27 am »
Cindi:

Must be nice to have your own BASEBALL TEAM always ready to play - great phot of the kids, thanks.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 08:57:55 am »
Wow, Cindi, they're handsome young men!  You're so lucky to all live so close.  We all live within four miles of each other, other than my youngest brother, who lives up on the North Shore (above Boston). 

Here's my gang this past Thanksgiving, only missing member is David Jr, my nephew, son of brother David and SIL Gloria (and, of course, my dad, who hasn't been with us now for ten years.  We miss him!).

The rundown:  Sitting in front is my Mom.  Sitting around the table is my sister Laura, me, my SIL Allyson and youngest brother Ben.  Standing are my eldest Marko (behind me), neice Addie (Dave and Glo's 18 year old), neice Maeve (Laura's 12 year old), James (he's 9, Laura's son, and he's standing in front of) my youngest, Christopher, 22, and then David and Gloria, Dave is my just-younger-than-me brother (I'm the oldest).   Hubby Greg is taking the picture.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 09:26:42 am »
Ann, nice family photo, it really is nice to get an inside view of our forum members family.  There is nothing on this earth like family.

We had 38 for dinner at Christmas at my house, (my side of the family).  Now there still were 4 adults and 6 children that could not make it.  That makes 48 people.  If my poor old grandma was alive to day to see what she initiated into this world, it woud make her head spin.  That was my siblings, SILs and BILs and children.  Now, if I were to get all my cousins, their spouses and children, etc., together, I actually could not even begin to count how many.  My mother was part of 13 siblings, so picture where that goes through the ages!!!  LOL.  Bring on the pictures.  Great day.  Cindi

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 09:30:01 am »
Just goes to show with a family like that you are a millionaire
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline organicgrl37

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 11:21:09 am »
What a great looking family. And to have them close by is awesome. I grew up in Central MA, I really miss NE. I must also say that I love the look of your home. It looks like a happy family in a warm and loving home. You are one Lucky person.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 12:03:20 pm »
I love these photos of family - so glad we started this topic awhile back. Knowing that we are all not loners in this world (we have an internal support system that is a blessing) beyond the family we have here is rewarding to see.

The dinner table photo is absolutely warming to the heart - this from a guy with no family except my wonderful wife and four cats. We never had a close family on my end, lots of aunts, uncles and cousins, so many I have never met from both parents sides. Then one day I met Tracey, her parents and extended family and had moments around the table like this one above - remember the being blessed part, don't ever think you are not.

And although all of our parents are gone now, and the aunts and uncles are going quickly too, we still see Tracey's family when holidays or occasions arise. Having a Kodak moment of a dozen people sitting around the table and handful more at the couches and chairs with dinner trays and football on TV - it is a slice of Americana that I treasure and something I wish everyone.

I rarely mention the failures of other forums (not limiting it to beekeeping folks - all forums) who refuse to allow images or open chat about off-topic conversations, but from the images in the family photo section here, I have enjoyed a look into your lives that really make you a part of my own extended family and the pride you show in your families is heart-warming. Keep it up all.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 12:48:04 pm »
Thank you all for your nice replies.

John, my family is very precious to me, the one thing I miss are cousins.  Both my mother and father are only children.  I have a few second cousins back in Michigan and an ancient aunt and uncle down in Maryland, but we never see any of them. My parents and the four of us, with our children, are all we really have, we all hope that Mom lasts a long, long time!

My boys have a huge family between my siblings and their father's siblings.  We still see their cousins.

Lots of people to give honey to!  ;)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 10:14:41 pm »
John, you do have a wonderful way with words, for that you must be grateful.  Have an awesome day.  Cindi

I love to look into the lives of other people too, see their families and their joys.

anything