BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > REPRINT ARTICLE ARCHIVES

All "Walt Wright" Articles

(1/3) > >>

TwT:
here is some good reading, all the articles he posted in Bee Culture and ABJ

http://www.knology.net/~k4vb/all%20walt%20articles.htm

mat:
I red almoast all of them. They are very interesting and revolutionary. He is right, there is nothing in the reference books about spring developement and swarm prep in deitales like this. I'm going to fallow his nectar management this year. If he is right I wander what to do with the honey? Has any of our experts any red them? Any opinions?
BTW. He recomends an empty brood comb above the brood nest all the time. I do not have that many combs yet. I wander if foundation would work the same?

Michael Bush:
>Has any of our experts any red them?

I have.

> Any opinions?

Walt is one of the most observant and inteligent beekeepers I've met.  When I went to North Carolina to speak, we spent two days, late into the night, talking bees.  I think his sequence of events as far as swarm prep are right on.  I think his observations about drones (in one of the recent bee magazines) is exactly correct also.  I have not really had the chance to try nectar managment.  I'm always busy breaking hives up for queen rearing (breeder hives, cell starters, cell finishers, mating nucs etc.)  So I haven't really had the chance to try it.

>BTW. He recomends an empty brood comb above the brood nest all the time. I do not have that many combs yet. I wander if foundation would work the same?

No, foundation will not work the same.  But it may work better than nothing.

fredtioga:
I'm reading, still learning.

tillie:
This is so helpful - thanks so much - my reading for the next week is set.  I've read some of his articles on Beesource, but this collection is so useful.

Linda T

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version