BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > RAPID BEEYARD GROWTH

how many is too many?

<< < (4/4)

TwT:
the basic pattern is how many hives can the area support, start out with 15 or 20 then add or subtract, like finsky says if you want honey production then start out lower then add depending on the amount of forage, like farm land it should hold more but if not then less, you have to try it out to see what the hives have to forage on...... it might be if you just looking for a place to work bee's (like just enough to survive on the land) and you are not worried about the honey it could hold more that 25 then again until you find out you will never know!!!!!! ok fishy slander me man  ;) average in one yard here is 18-23 and you will get some honey from each hive (maybe a medium super) but not a lot... just my 2 pennies worth

HEY FINSHY I ADDED MY PICTURE TO MY AVATAR ALSO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is me 10 years from now  ;)

Finsky:
If we have red clower on farmaland it will be harvested to balls when it start to bloom. Nowadays fields in Finland give only rape honey. Weeds are poisoned long time ago and all are carefully cultivated. The best be pastures are on area where wood is harvested totally.

Maybe red clower flowers are in that ball.

White clover pastures are harvested many times per summer

TwT:
hey fisky bro check your PM's

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version