BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > RAPID BEEYARD GROWTH

Migratory beekeeping

<< < (2/2)

Mici:

--- Quote from: pdmattox on November 17, 2006, 05:11:40 pm ---Thanks Jerrymac, This gives me a good number to work with.     :mrgreen:

--- End quote ---
hhooh, big plans huh :-D

Bruce Hanson:
 Most Bee clip pallets are 33''by48''    you can get 17 back on one side,so thats 34 pallets per layer x's 4 hives per pallet=136hives.We go 6 high so that makes 816 singles,this is for straight trailers, drop decks can be loaded higher depending on the weight of the bees... make sure your nets are tall enought   

pdmattox:
Thanks for all the info.  816 hives will be more than I need right now but could be somthing to look ahead to.

Paraplegic Racehorse:
To work your math easier, some standard trailer sizes (in inches): 240, 360, 480, 540 and most will be about eight feet (104 inches) wide. Longer than 45 feet usually run one eight foot trailer and another eight foot dolly at the back of whatever extremely long (pipes, bridge sections, etc.) object you're carrying.

Jorn Johanesson:
I have loaded 4 in two langstroth an,d in two layers, means 8 hives on a square metres pallets. On truck two pallets side by side and four on the lenght giving a truckload of  64 hives on a little truck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version