Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: addresses  (Read 3532 times)

Offline ayyon2157

• House Bee
addresses
« on: March 17, 2008, 12:18:28 pm »

Sometimes when entering an e-mail address into a post it turns blue and bold, and the recipient can click on it and be connected without typing any or all of the characters.  Sometimes it does not, and I would like for all of them to work that way. 

Does GOOGLE'S search engine count the ones that don't turn blue when evaluating a website as to classification?  (I understand that they assign a number from 1 to 10 to determine whether to admit that the website exists or not)

I have the choice between using FIREFOX and OUTLOOK EXPRESS, does it make any difference in this respect?

thanks in advance

ayyon2157

William H. Michaels

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Re: addresses
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 04:22:44 pm »

Sometimes when entering an e-mail address into a post it turns blue and bold, and the recipient can click on it and be connected without typing any or all of the characters.  Sometimes it does not, and I would like for all of them to work that way. 
That depends on what program you're using.  If you're in an e-mail program then it should happen automatically.  Here in the forum you need to hit the little icon that looks like a stamped envelope, third one in from the left in the row of icons above.  That creates the tags that turn the e-mail address into something clickable.  There are spaces inserted here to make the tags show up so you can see them:  [ email]youre-mail@address.com[/email ]

Does GOOGLE'S search engine count the ones that don't turn blue when evaluating a website as to classification?  (I understand that they assign a number from 1 to 10 to determine whether to admit that the website exists or not)

I have no idea what Google does; it never occurred to me to wonder.

I have the choice between using FIREFOX and OUTLOOK EXPRESS, does it make any difference in this respect?

Firefox is a browser, Outlook Express is an e-mail program.  They both do totally different things.  The e-mail equivalent from the people who make Firefox is Thunderbird.  I far prefer them to the Microsoft alternatives (IE and OE).

Offline ayyon2157

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 11:37:51 pm »
Hello Reinbeau:

Thanks for the information; it seems to work for me. I almost have my website finished.

ayyon2179
William H. Michaels

Offline Clegs

• House Bee
  • Let the good times roll!
    • CalebGo.com - Gread dissusion forums, programmers, hobbiests, or just anyone
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 03:11:19 pm »
Quote from: ayyon2157
First off, Google doesn't index email addresses (that I know of).  What you are talking about is PageRank.  This super secret technology looks at the amount of other sites that link directly to your site.  The more of those it sees, the more important it assumes your site must be.  As long as you put up good content, other people will link to it.  That is also a big reason why people put links to their sites in signatures, Google gives that site a big boost.

But you do not need a good page rank to get visits from Google.  I have a page rank of 0 on my site, but get tons of hits every day and even show up as number one in many search results.  Work on good content, links will fallow.
calebgo.com - My website

anything