Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: THE WALK  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
THE WALK
« on: January 11, 2016, 01:51:04 pm »
The Walk, a 2015 movie about Philipe Petit's wire walk between the twin towers of the World Trade Center, has spectacular photography.  Joseph Gordon-Levitt's portrayal of Petit's fearless "coup," as he called it, is amazing.  Petit trained Gordon-Levitt and was very instrumental in the project -- a bit of self-promotion that maybe helped him cash in on the feat.  My only complaint is that the DVD. Did not have captions (I'm hard of hearing, so really need captions).  The movie played in theaters in both regular format and 3D.  I'm glad I didn't see it in 3D.  The heights were enoigh in 2D to send a chill through me.  How they recreated on film the splendor of the Twin Towers is beyond me, but seeing the images of those buildings as they were before 9/11 made me very sad for the loss of lives and those beautiful buildings -- and angry at the barbarians.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

anything