Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Farmers Market  (Read 4162 times)

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Farmers Market
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2021, 07:08:47 pm »
So it sounds like the ultimate marketing scheme is this: pretty girls to sucker the guys, and cute kids to sucker the girls.  :wink: :cheesy:
Ha! Now we know how you and your sisters sell so much honey lol.  :wink:
You would, if we had sold any yet!  :cheesy:

Hey, congrats on becoming a moderator, Phillip.  I noticed it a day or two ago on your profile.  :happy:  It's nice of you to help Jim out.  Now that he's the head honcho around here, he just can't be bothered with the meaningless day to day stuff anymore.  :wink:  :cheesy:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2021, 07:46:13 pm »
So it sounds like the ultimate marketing scheme is this: pretty girls to sucker the guys, and cute kids to sucker the girls.  :wink: :cheesy:
Ha! Now we know how you and your sisters sell so much honey lol.  :wink:
You would, if we had sold any yet!  :cheesy:

Hey, congrats on becoming a moderator, Phillip.  I noticed it a day or two ago on your profile.  :happy:  It's nice of you to help Jim out.  Now that he's the head honcho around here, he just can't be bothered with the meaningless day to day stuff anymore.  :wink:  :cheesy:

Thank you Member.   :happy:
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline beekeepinglove

• Brood
    • beekeeping
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2021, 05:57:40 am »
pretty girls to sucker the guys, and cute kids to sucker the girls  :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2021, 08:23:35 am »
Welcome to Beemaster
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Beeboy01

• Field Bee
  • Oh Look A Honey Bee !!!
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2021, 10:35:56 am »
I've just started selling honey at  a smaller  local flea/farmers market. I talked to the operator about other people selling honey and was told that they don't have any regular honey sellers although some of the other flea/farmers markets in the area have regulars that show up every week. Since I am pretty much a small time hobby operator I call ahead and ask about any competition before I reserve a table. So far Saturdays seem better for sales but I've only been there three times so far.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2021, 10:54:51 pm »
Actually I would give free samples and price my honey at twice as expensive and explain that it's treatment free and raw and you can taste the difference.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2021, 01:27:13 am »

Again, Thank you The15thMember. I considered this is an opportunity to give back a small portion of what has been given to me here at Beemaster. Showing my appreciation to not only Beemaster2, Robo and staff,  but all my friends here from all over the world who have helped me in my endeavor to succeed as a beekeeper. I have learned so much here since I joined and later began posting (mainly questions) here. From major things to handy things that I would not have thought about on my own. For example, I learned from Oldbeavo that a freshly painted box can be easily prevented from sticking if we simply use our own beeswax to coat the edges. This tip has been tried and proven by me in my experience. Even little tips as this can mean a lot in everyday beekeeping experiences.

I consider it an honor to be a member here at Beemaster. My aim is to help Jim, Rob, and all the Staff; Striving to keep beemaster moving forward in the time tested valuable tradition and service to beekeepers as intended by the founder, Beemaster1. A good wholesome family friendly sanctuary for all who desire, seek, discuss, and enjoy our gift; The honey bee.
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Brian MCquilkin

• House Bee
    • Ideal Honey Bees
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2021, 09:43:45 pm »
Thought I would give an update on the farmers market. I've been a few times now and have done well. The Other Guy is still there and all is good.
The only thing I need to do is adjust my pricing up on my honey straws and quart jars of honey. Still working out what the market will accept.
It has been fun and a great way to network and meet new people while creating awareness of your business.
Despite my efforts the bees are doing great

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2021, 09:58:42 pm »
Glad to hear that you are basically settled in.... I went to a farmers market this morning as a shopper and had an opportunity to talk to a nice young lade selling honey from Cortland, Mississippi. I told her about beemaster bee forum. I hope she will join. Her husband was really the bee person of the family but business calls his attention, and she is now the primary responsible beekeeper of the family! She, I, along with my wife, had a lovely bee conversation....

Adding she is keeping 60 hives!

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2021, 10:03:47 pm »
Thought I would give an update on the farmers market. I've been a few times now and have done well. The Other Guy is still there and all is good.
The only thing I need to do is adjust my pricing up on my honey straws and quart jars of honey. Still working out what the market will accept.
It has been fun and a great way to network and meet new people while creating awareness of your business.

Keep up the good work Mr MCquilkin, it is good the other beekeeper accepted you. You will get the details figured out. Sales to you!!

anything