Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Borescope Anyone?  (Read 3711 times)

Offline drobbins

• House Bee
    • bee pictures
Re: Borescope Anyone?
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2019, 08:57:54 am »
I guess the original question was really about using it for a cutout
That would work better, more room to maneuver the camera around

Offline 2Sox

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2019, 11:20:20 am »
I'v used a boroscope on cutouts and found them useful.  But recently, I made the investment in a thermal imager and I wouldn't do a cutout without it.  Takes the guesswork out of finding the center of the cluster and saves a great deal of time. A little pricey but if you do a lot of cut outs it pays for itself after the first job.

https://www.amazon.com/FLIR-TG165-Spot-Thermal-Camera/dp/B00NXJDQV0/ref=sr_1_8?crid=2K88LW0BUKWSI&keywords=flir+thermal+imaging&qid=1556465008&s=gateway&sprefix=flir+thermal%2Celectronics%2C133&sr=8-8

Nice 2Sox, I met you enjoy that piece of equipment!!!

Definitely.  A friend of mine had one on a cutout we did together a few years back.  That's when I saw it put to use for the first time.  I got one soon after.  Makes a world of difference in locating the center of the hive and the time spent on the job.  Not to mention the impression on the client regarding your professionalism.
"Good will is the desire to have something else stronger and more beautiful for this desire makes oneself stronger and more beautiful." - Eli Siegel, American educator, poet, founder of Aesthetic Realism

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2019, 10:12:50 am »
I have a lighted borescope WiFi to my iPhone.  The problem is when I insert the camera into the hive the guard bees attack the camera lens, can?t see a thing.  I use in winter to view food stores as clustered bees are to cold and don?t attack the lens.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2019, 10:38:36 am »
I have a lighted borescope WiFi to my iPhone.  The problem is when I insert the camera into the hive the guard bees attack the camera lens, can?t see a thing.  I use in winter to view food stores as clustered bees are to cold and don?t attack the lens.

Sounds like my luck! 
Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2019, 08:46:01 am »
The problem is when I insert the camera into the hive the guard bees attack the camera lens, can?t see a thing.
Can you turn off the light source until you get beyond the guard bees?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline paus

• Field Bee
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2019, 10:41:23 am »
When the scope is turned on the light comes on.  The light source on industrial scopes are adjustable

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2019, 08:38:12 am »
When the scope is turned on the light comes on.
Then I would suggest not turning it on until you are a few inches past the entrance.  Insert, wait a few seconds then turn it on.  See if that helps.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

anything