Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Newbie beekeeper made a mistake and needs to fix it.  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
Re: Newbie beekeeper made a mistake and needs to fix it.
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 10:30:14 pm »
Wow... I think I might actually be in agreement with ace... Obviously this isn't a political thread. I almost never feed my bees. If the wild bees can survive without being fed why should mine? The only time I feed is when I have a hive that is light going into winter. Typically, that is a result of my manipulation. I have 1 hive I will feed this fall. I also only feed dry sugar. What works for me is over the summer I take a 5 pound bag of sugar and leave it open. The humidity around here will turn it into a solid brick by fall. Then I add a medium box with empty foundationless frames and just put the brick in the frames. I could just put them in an empty box but then they could make a mess and build comb on the cover in the spring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:47:36 am by Eric Bosworth »
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

anything