Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Big 10 Football  (Read 37951 times)

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
Big 10 Football
« on: October 30, 2011, 12:32:33 am »
Probably as good of a time as any to start a thread on Big 10 football.

The former “mighty” Bucks had a heck of game against Wisconsin tonight.  A 4th quarter thriller down to the very last play.  The Buckeyes somehow pulled off the upset.  Wisconsin must be thinking the Bee Gods are against them after losing 2 straight games on Hail Mary passes.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Big 10 Football
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 03:26:57 am »
I didn't watch that game but did watch the Stanford/USC game. 3 overtimes! What a game! Stanford wins! BTW, the Tennessee/ South Carolina game was about as boring as it gets!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 11:11:29 am »
Saw the highlights of that game JP, looked like an incredible game.

I wonder if the close game will affect rankings of Stanford.

Poor Wisconsin, they now have two losses and I would assume they will drop out of the top 20, maybe top 25 after this week.  Ironic since they are probably the best team in the big 10 this year.

Offline bulldog

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 03:25:58 pm »
unfortunately i spent my saturday in the dark because of all the trees falling down on power lines all over the place. all of north jersey was a nightmare. roads closed, power out, etc.

i got to hear Rutgers vs WVU on the radio. not exactly my first choice. but at least Penn State won again. how they continue to win with no offense is a mystery to me but i'll take it. if they can somehow manage to beat nebraska this week, then ohio state and wisconsin they would  play in the first ever big ten championship game, after that they may be rosebowl bound. but i won't hold my breath.

as for Stanford, i think they'll be playing for the national championship against Alabama ( sorry, JP ) of course that is just my prediction, what do i know ? i can't wait to see Alabama vs LSU this sat.
Confucius say "He who stand on toilet is high on pot"

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 05:18:57 pm »
I watched the tail end of the Penn State game.  I couldn’t believe how poorly they looked compared to recent years.  Don’t know if it was the weather or what.  I’m no Buckeye fan, but I was surprised how well they are playing now; Nebraska too.  Penn State is going to have a very tough road ahead of them. 

Is Joe Pa just a figure head at this point, or do you think he’s really involved in the games?

Don’t have a feel for who is going to win the LSU vs Bama game, but I’ll go out on a limb and predict it won’t be close.  I think one or the other will run away with the score.  With Les Miles, nothing is predictable.

Offline bulldog

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 12:08:53 am »
i can't speak with any authority about joe pa being or not being only a figurehead, but i'm assuming he is still the boss. he is coaching from the stands because his leg was broken by someone being tackled colliding with him. this is the second time something like this has happened to him in the last few years.

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 10:23:26 pm »
You guys think it's hard to pick who is gonna win.  You should try your hand at picking on the spread.  Won some good money in a work pool doing that over the season. 
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 11:26:00 pm »
OK, Hankdog, it’s time to put your money where your mouth is  :-D :-D :-D

Who’s going to win the big LSU vs Bama game and what’s the spread going to be ?

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 04:51:33 am »
Could be dead wrong, probably so but 27-17 is in my head. GEAUX TIGERS!

...JP

My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline bulldog

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 11:27:42 am »
i was thinking more along the lines of 23-17 alabama  :-D

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 02:12:00 am »
Well you guys caught me with a busy week.  Wasn't able to take a look at the lines.  LSU I can safely say earned their win.

Anybody heard anything about the sex abuse scandle that is rocking Penn State? 

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 05:35:51 am »
Just what I read in the news.  Very sad this kind of thing can be swept under the rug by the people in power.  Have to respect these are “allegations” at this point, but the AD had a responsibility and he dropped the ball.  Heads should roll.

Don’t know enough about Joe Pa at this point to make a call.  News reports were claiming he took the allegations to the AD, but then what?  Business as usual?  I hope what eventually comes out about Joe Pa will prove his integrity and legend status.  Time will tell.

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 01:20:50 pm »
Bluebee I don't expect to see Joe Pa come out of this with any tarnish to him.  Over the years of watching him I get the feeling he is a straight forward truthfull guy.  It would truely be shocking to find out anything different for sure.  Honestly though Joe Pa probably did what he could in the situation he did manage to push the guy accused out of his organization.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 01:12:13 am »
“The Pennsylvania state police commissioner said Paterno fulfilled his legal requirement when he relayed to university administrators that a graduate assistant had seen Sandusky attacking a young boy in the team’s locker room shower in 2002. But the commissioner also questioned whether Paterno had a moral responsibility to do more.”   http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-pennstate-abuse

How can Joe Pa just act like its somebody else’s problem when some young boy is attacked in HIS locker room?   What if it were his kid, or your kid, it really shouldn’t make a difference.  You don’t just stand around and do nothing.  If Joe Pa knew a young boy was being “attacked” and did nothing but talk, then he should be fired tomorrow IMO.  However we still don’t have all the data yet.

I don't think Joe Pa survives this.

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 02:48:35 pm »
Bluebee if you don't actually witness it then you don't know if it happened or not.  Remember people do lie from time to time to distory people they don't care for.  Joe Pa did what he had to and now he is being used as a scape goat because others dropped the ball.  Not saying I would have handled it the same way but Joe Pa would have probably been gotten rid of at the time for doing more.  It's one of those situations where your danged if you do and danged if you don't.  University politics can be worse then government politics when it comes to pointing fingers and mud slinging. 

Offline Sundog

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 06:49:42 pm »
Very disappointed with JP!  This was a “great moral crisis” and he should have done more than the required (absolute) minimum.  Shame on all involved.

Not fun!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 01:23:22 am »
After 61 years at Penn State, Joe is gone. What a sad way to end such a wonderful career. I understand they had to clean house but such a shame to see him go out like this.

...JP

Offline bulldog

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 10:03:04 pm »
Not saying I would have handled it the same way but Joe Pa would have probably been gotten rid of at the time for doing more.  It's one of those situations where your danged if you do and danged if you don't.

i agree with hankdog on this one.

what a shame.
not trying to make excuses for joe pa, but it seems to me that if he and a few others who knew about it all got fired, why isn't everyone who knew getting fired ? i guarantee the same people  who fired him knew about it before he got win # 409, why did they keep quiet until then ? why didn't they fire him immediately ? covering it up for even one day makes them just as guilty as people who covered it up for 5 years.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 01:35:19 am »
IMO more than anyone, Mike McQueary has got to go, immediately. For God sake he was the one who witnessed the event which was reported to Paterno. Why are they keeping him around?

...JP

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 09:16:13 am »
Just pray for all the victims-and there will be plenty more come out of the woodwork I fear. Irregardless of what happens to Joe Pa, the victims will have to live with what happened to them for the rest of their lives.