Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Spring 2014 Open Feeding  (Read 3673 times)

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
Spring 2014 Open Feeding
« on: December 20, 2014, 01:07:34 pm »
Close up video of my bees feasting in early spring.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W2uwYGE2hpc
Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Spring 2014 Open Feeding
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 11:04:06 pm »
Is it spring down there already  :-D

I was kind of expecting to see a huge feeding frenzy when I saw the title.  Your bees look happy.

What the heck is a RamMount X grip though?

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 12:32:56 am »
Is it spring down there already  :-D

Haha I just downloaded the video editing app and thought that little snippet turned out decent. I have another video from a further distance with more bees. I only have 1hive and this was the first day warm enough to feed. Probably late Feb. or early March this year.

What the heck is a RamMount X grip though?

You must watched my other video. Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006X387ZS/ref=mp_s_a_1_sc_3?qid=1419136167&sr=8-3-spell&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

A pretty slick way to hold a gps or other device for ease of use while riding. I like it. Pretty stable and so far secure.
Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 01:58:01 am »
hjon, you need to expand a little so we don’t risk losing u to a harsh winter.  Personally I make sure I’ve got PLENTY of extra bees so the conservative beeks never have to worry about me going away. :laugh:

What is your RAM mount connected to?  They show a bicycle on Amazon but it looks like you’re going a little fast for bicycle. 

Offline Pale

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 06:12:18 am »
Close up video of my bees feasting in early spring.

I did... very cool.... then I watched about an hours worth of bee related youtube videos..... so much to see and learn...

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 09:49:12 am »
hjon, you need to expand a little so we don’t risk losing u to a harsh winter.  Personally I make sure I’ve got PLENTY of extra bees so the conservative beeks never have to worry about me going away. :laugh:

I hear that a lot, and I am interested in having maybe 3 but I'm cheap. So unless I catch a swarm, find a cut-out/trap-out or I try to split again :-( 1 will have to do.

What is your RAM mount connected to?  They show a bicycle on Amazon but it looks like you’re going a little fast for bicycle. 

A Vespa GT200. That's a 200cc scooter made in Italy. Not as fast as my old GSXR750:shock: but way more practical.  I bought 2 and am teaching my wife and older son to ride. My younger son has a ZX6R. Pretty fun.