ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE

Looking for a little Hydralics help here.

(1/5) > >>

BeeMaster2:
I have always had a leak problem with my John Deere 2355. I had all of the Hydralic cylinders rebuilt. Since then they have leaked on and off.
I started using Hydra Guard recently and most of the leaks stopped.
Last week I drove the tractor around to a new section of property that I just bought and started bush hogging to put up fence. A steering nut fell off and I had to leave it there in the woods. Yesterday I was able to repair it and completed about an hour of bush hogging with no trouble. Today I went to drive back over there and hydraulic fluid starts flowing out of the left lift cylinder. I looked funny so I took a sample. See the picture below:

That looks like it is full of water. Any experts out there that can verify.
It wasn?t leaking when I brought it home yesterday and it was not leaking until I lifted the loader up a few minutes ago. I also lifted a 1000 pound hay role last night and it has been in the barn since then. I checked and the hydraulic fill cap is on and tight.
I can?t imagine Diesel fuel getting in there and I do not think it would look like this.
Looking for answers.
Jim Altmiller

iddee:
It looks too white to be water. It looks more like air to me. May be just where it spewed from a small crack. Do you have a dipstick or a place you could get some out while not under pressure. See if it is still white then.

Michael Bush:
My experience is that water will make it white.  But it usually also makes it somewhat "curdled" in appearance.  I can't tell if your's is, but it doesn't look like it.  I don't have any other theories though.

Acebird:

--- Quote from: sawdstmakr on December 10, 2019, 03:28:19 pm ---Today I went to drive back over there and hydraulic fluid starts flowing out of the left lift cylinder.

--- End quote ---
Packing gone or seal?  That would be where water could get in.

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: Michael Bush on December 10, 2019, 04:51:05 pm ---My experience is that water will make it white.  But it usually also makes it somewhat "curdled" in appearance.  I can't tell if your's is, but it doesn't look like it.  I don't have any other theories though.

--- End quote ---

This has been my experience also. ''water will make it white, But it usually also makes it somewhat "curdled"

Jim usually if water gets in it is usually through the fill cap area and you checked that.  Sometimes oil and water can emulsify if mixed  enough giving a uniform color and texture.  Such as making homemade honey-bee-healthy, the essential oils and water must be placed in a blender and ran for 5 full minutes to emulsify.  Could the same thing have happened with the hydraulic pump doing the mixing? As iddee said looks like it may also have air.

Let me ask you about the additive, will it make the color difference? I have never used the stuff.  I do not see any way that diesel could have gotten into the hydraulic reservoir.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version