MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE 2ND AMENDMENT

Taurus .380

<< < (2/2)

Hops Brewster:
The case material shouldn't (according to the makers) have anything to do with extraction or feeding.  But it does, sometimes.  I would bet that the Taurus owner's manual tells you somewhere in there to use quality ammunition, so I would spend a buck or 2 more for brass. 

It's been a long while since I owned a .380 auto, but when I did, it frequently failed to eject.  One of the things I did to remedy the problem was to check my grip to be certain that I was not limp-wristing the thing.  Sure enough, that's what cleared it up for me.  That sharp, snappy recoil on those little beggars can reveal minor defects in grip and follow through very quickly.  Just one thing to consider.

jalentour:
Hops,
You are absolutely correct on that one.
I had forgotten, no limp wrist on a 380.

Michael Bush:
That's why I don't like semi autos.  I have a .380 that is very "particular."  It only likes certain kinds of ammo and not others.  I've never owned a "particular" revolver.

jalentour:
I inherited mine, a walther. 
It's picky, got to be clean and lubed to be reliable.  Might be it's age.  I think my dad bought it when the 007 Goldfinger movie was released.
I prefer 9MM most of the time. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version