Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bucket Feeder  (Read 13532 times)

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
Re: Bucket Feeder
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 07:00:18 am »
My bucket feeder. Notice how much lower the holes are.
Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy

Offline chux

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2015, 01:42:46 pm »
That's it. The holes should be just at the bottom, just above the lid. Oh, I have noticed that the band about halfway down the side of the buckets I use, fills up with water. Maybe a dozen bees will be found dead in these little traps of water. I'm going to take the time this year to drill a hole in each of these little spaces, for water to drain out.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2015, 03:01:26 pm »
I tried open feeding this year. Worked great. All I did was take a five gallon bucket with about four gallons of syrup place a large hand fill of pin straw on the top. The bees will clean out every drop with very few losses. The straw gives them a place to stand while sucking up the nectar. I did make a simple plywood cover to keep the rain out.

Steve 
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

anything