Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: With out your permission  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: With out your permission
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 07:09:33 pm »
i saw that.  how will they know that the bees are "killer bees"?  will they test them first?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 10:48:38 pm »
Good question!
I bet they'll just kill 'em all and use the excuse of "Killer Bees".
your friend,
john

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 11:08:17 pm »
I was thinking more along these lines.
    * Fourth Amendment – Protection from unreasonable search and seizure.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

But I could be misinterpreting that I guess.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 12:28:44 am »
i think you are correct.  i would guess that they'd get around that by the local laws and prior complaints. i'm guessing that if you didn't respond to the complaints they would say that you were in violation of the law and the seizure was not unreasonable.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 11:02:33 am »
Many of our constitutional protections can be trumped by "health, safety and welfare" conscerns. Secondly, constituional protections only work if you exercise them. Someone will have to get charged first, and than attack the staute.  Additionally, if there is no "punitive" component, their is no "seizure". What is more interesting is when they find someones marijuana field and seize it w/o warrant. The smart officer will leave and get a warrant. That way the seizure is w/ warrant, while the search placed him on persons property lawfully(pursuant to ordinance) and would probably be upheld as w/in plain view.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

anything