Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Odd, Strange, Or What??  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Odd, Strange, Or What??
« on: August 30, 2023, 12:52:17 am »
Odd Strange or what? Does this make sense??  I confess, I do not know... 

From the recent fire in Hawaii.. 

https://youtu.be/Q9L9WvlCli0?si=KNCsUl-ChKeHr1OV
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Odd, Strange, Or What??
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 06:51:05 am »
Everything about it is very strange and no explanation I've heard makes any sense when contrasted with the pictures.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 09:21:08 am »
The radiant heat from the fire started the car on fire and then the materials in the car got hot enough to burn the aluminum and glass. Quite often we pull up to a fully engulfed vehicle and we quickly knock down the fire but certain parts of the car, magnesium for one, are very hard to put out and then it takes a lot of water to cool it down and put it out.

Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 09:30:00 am »
Makes sense. Thanks Jim
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2023, 09:45:22 am »
Also you've got a grass field in a valley on fire. A lot of the burning is in the air (of volatile gasses released from the heated fuel) rather than right on the ground. A wind across the field towards the road could turn the ridge into a giant blowtorch aimed up at an angle and straight at the upper part of the car ... plus what Beemaster said.
Avatar pic by my oldest daughter (ink and watercolor)

anything