Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Tom Brady Hailed, Pete Rose Booed  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Tom Brady Hailed, Pete Rose Booed
« on: April 23, 2023, 01:32:15 pm »
Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Tom Brady's BRADYbrand launches
golf collection, expands roster of NIL deals with college athletes

By Tom VanHaaren
ESPN Staff Writer

"When Tom Brady started working on BRADY, his new performance apparel line, he didn't have the option to partner with college athletes. But when new rules were adopted last year, allowing student athletes to profit off of their name, image and likeness, Brady knew he wanted to get involved in some capacity."

"He launched the brand in January, and announced NIL deals with Michigan Wolverines quarterback Cade McNamara, Jackson State Tigers quarterback Shedeur Sanders, Georgia Bulldogs wide receiver George Pickens, Coastal Carolina Chanticleers quarterback Grayson McCall and a handful of other athletes from other sports."

THIS DAY IN HISTORY August 23 1989
BY History.com Editors
Pete Rose gets booted from baseball!
"On August 23, 1989, as punishment for betting on baseball, Cincinnati Reds manager Pete Rose accepts a settlement that includes a lifetime ban from the game. A heated debate continues to rage as to whether Rose, a former player who remains the game's all-time hits leader, should be given a second chance."

Adding: Pete Rose admitted to betting on Reds games but said he never bet against the Reds.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

anything