Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: MEMES 2023 2 17  (Read 1060 times)

salvo

MEMES 2023 2 17
« on: February 17, 2023, 06:02:41 pm »

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
Re: MEMES 2023 2 17
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 08:40:35 pm »
#1 My old truck still has one of them LOL

#2 I was so little when my dad sat me on a tractor I didn't weigh enough to push the clutch in on a 35 Massey. Had to stand on the clutch pedal with both feet and kind of jump on it while pulling on the steering wheel to get the clutch to break over, then hold it with one foot and put the other foot on the brake.  Good times for sure.

#3 I got a good belly laugh out of that for sure!

#4 that has never happened to me................NOT......LOL
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 10:26:03 pm »
My fire engine has one.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline William Bagwell

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 10:53:16 pm »
My fire engine has one.
Jim Altmiller
Bet it does something different :wink:

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2023, 07:26:51 am »
No. It does the same thing that the first car that I drove did. It was a  1959 Chevy station wagon. My mom won it from tickets she bought at a local fair. They called my dad and said we won it. He said, sure we did and hung up. Luckily he told my mom and she new that it was for real.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2023, 09:51:38 am »
The 59 Chevy was a unique body style. I bet they were both shocked to realize she really won!  Was the car a new car when she won it Jim?

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline William Bagwell

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2023, 11:37:11 am »
No. It does the same thing that the first car that I drove did.
Not where I thought you were going :sad: Late 80s had recently moved to a more rural area and joined the local voluntary fire department. Way too busy and interfering with my day job... First (and only) 'all-nighter' was a factory that made fish tanks. Two large buildings connected by a narrow loading dock. Fired employee returned and set one side on fire (He was in jail before the fire was out) Multiple alarm (4 IIRC) and one building saved, the other a total loss.

As one of the two rookies was not allowed to actually fight the fire so mostly carried air bottles. Two at a time, long way around to the back of the loading dock for hours. No driveway. Late that night, fire was almost out so had nothing to do and got cold. Someone suggested I sit in the truck to warm up. Never driven a fire truck or even been in the cab before, and no one thought to tell me about the floor switch. That one most certainly did not dim the high beams! Yup, turned on the siren at 4 AM :oops:

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2023, 12:09:05 pm »
 :cheesy:

:grin:
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2023, 06:22:12 pm »
Phillip,
That was a brand new car. I think they called twice before my dad told my mom about it.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2023, 11:12:02 pm »
That was a great thing to have happen to your family! 

My Uncle has a 59 El Camino sitting in one of his pastures with a tree growing through the partially rusted out bed floor. lol

Phillip

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2023, 07:57:15 am »
The first one, there are actually two possibilities and I've experienced both.
Yes, I was driving a tractor before I was 12.
I was also dressed up as an Indian a lot as a child. :)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything