Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Rum  (Read 410 times)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Rum
« on: January 18, 2023, 12:16:47 pm »
    The first mate on a ship decided to celebrate an occasion with a "little" stowed away rum. Unfortunately he got drunk and was still drunk the next morning. The captain saw him drunk and when the first mate was sober, showed him the following entry in the ship's log: "The first mate was drunk today."
    "Captain please don't let that stay in the log," the mate said. "This could add months or years to my becoming a captain myself."
    "Is it true?" asked the captain, already knowing the answer.
    "Yes, its true," the mate said. "Then if it is true it has to go in the log. That's the rule. If its true it goes into the log, end of discussion," said the captain sternly. Weeks later, it was the first mate's turn to make the log entries.
    The first mate wrote: "The ship seems in good shape. The captain was sober today."

Why does a pirate prefer to drink in a bar that serves rum, instead of gin?
Because it has mo'lasses.

I once put rum and pineapple into CERN's particle accelerator
Discovered the Pi?a Collider

Somebody told me that rum and coke wasn't the answer to my problems.
I told them that it might not be the answer, but it was certainly a solution.

I rode to the liquor store yesterday on my bicycle. I bought a bottle of Rum and put it in the bicycle basket.  As I was about to leave I thought for a moment. If I fall off the bicycle, the bottle might break.  To avoid that, I drank all of the rum before I left the store.
    It turned out to be a very good decision, because I fell off the bike seven times on my way home

What's a pirate's favorite device to store data on ?
CD-RUM
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin