Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beemaster is under attack  (Read 1882 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Beemaster is under attack
« on: March 19, 2023, 09:38:37 am »
To all members,
Right now the Beemaster server is under attack. The CPU has been working at 100% due to the attack. Robo and Eivndm have been working on it and are trying to make it so that the attackers are stopped. It?s not easy.
I apologize for the inconvenience of having a hard time getting in. As a matter of fact it has been very difficult to get this message to you. Hopefully we will have this resolved soon.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online gww

• Super Bee
Re: Beemaster is under attack
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 12:07:57 pm »
I noticed it.  Good luck.
Cheers
gww

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 11:56:58 pm »
   I have noticed this website is a little slow. In the last week.  I would like to thank. Robo and Eivndm.For these 2 people for the work they do. On Beemaster. To make it run more efficiently..

BEE HAPPY  Jim 134   :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 08:02:49 pm »
WOW!!
What was going on a little earlier this afternoon??

Lots of crazy looking post for sure.

Thanks for working behind the scenes to keep us up and running!!
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 08:12:35 pm »
G3,
We are constantly being hit with people trying to add their advertising to our site. The system automatically screens out a lot of them but if they take the time to sign in properly they can then add their links like you saw. Our moderators are constantly catching them, banning them and removing their posts. They, our moderators have been doing a great job.
Robo is still in the process of upgrading the system and moving to a better protected server. Hopefully this will stop a future attack.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

anything