Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Technology In Wind Turbines  (Read 3115 times)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Technology In Wind Turbines
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2022, 02:08:21 pm »
>We might be the first society in the history of the world that is talking about going backward rather than forward. 

I don't think we "might be", I think we are.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2022, 02:10:34 pm »
Thanks both Michale and Kathy. Adding to the point of storing energy in batteries; I watched a clip featuring folks in a third world country who was resourceful in that they rebuilt discarded car batteries. Actually remolding and replacing the essential lead plates. A bit of work but little money involved.

2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2022, 02:24:00 pm »
> I watched a clip featuring folks in a third world country who was resourceful in that they rebuilt discarded car batteries. Actually remolding and replacing the essential lead plates. A bit of work but little money involved.

I watched either that one or a similar one.  Way more work and more risk than I want to take (all that acid... I've been burned on battery acid before).  But if I was desperate I might consider it.  The up side is you can probably repair a lot of the batteries out there and they are essentially free.  Even if you pay the cost of scrap lead you can sell them for the price of scrap lead when you are done...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 05:01:10 pm by Ben Framed »
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2022, 05:11:56 pm »
For curiosity, does anyone know how many times car battery acid, (sulfuric acid), can be reused in a battery recycling or battery rebuilding situtation?

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2022, 06:57:32 pm »
In the mean time other countries are moving forward in electrical production.

My sis told me that they are warming up some of their coal plants in England in case they need them.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2022, 07:59:29 am »
If the battery is completely dead the "acid" is basically water.  If the battery won't take a charge it will remain water.
-------------------